Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc200- drive is sluggish, does not have full power, tracks move very slow

njcscrap ยท 2013-08-05 07:05

I went to move my 1999 komatsu pc200 while moving material and out of nowhere when I moved the drive handles the machine struggled to move. It felt like it had no power to go anywhere. It would crawl 2 feet very slowly, then struggle hard, then crawl 2 feet and struggle again. Idle is cranked up, both tracks are doing the same thing. Everything else moves fine with no problem; pistons, swivel. Any idea what this can be?

Replies8
  1. #1MrKomatsu2013-08-05 07:13

    Need to check rpms.......then check travel speed in med...what serial # is your unit

  2. #2John C.2013-08-05 18:37

    Do you have any oil in the final drives?

  3. #3KWD2013-08-05 20:00

    pump merger solenoid valve/solenoid

  4. #4stondad2013-08-07 23:04

    I'll tip center-joint and/or travel brake release. What happens if you lift the track on each side off the ground and run it ?

  5. #5d4dozer2014-05-18 08:31

    Did you ever sort it out? I have a PC 220 and it is very sluggish when walking, as if it has no power, so I was very interested in your post. When I lift the track of the ground it is fine, it just feels like a power shortage......

  6. #6allenwlindsay2014-05-18 17:42

    maybe the tracks are to tight, or could be a problem with the hyd lines supplying the track drive motors

  7. #7Rajkarin2017-03-28 02:05

    Hi Everyone, my L & T komatsu pc 200-6 recently has a issue with track, when START the excavator after idle the both tracks are moving fast after some time about 10 minutes after loading the truck. and after the both track is dead cannot move through bucket it has to pull. again after switch off the machine for 10 minutes again the track is moving fast after 10 minutes again dead, we checked and removed track motor and found ok, center joint found ok, 4 track valve replaced with new o rings in the control valve bank. one more the stick, boom, buckets and swing are very fast working fine only the issue is with the track. I am requesting in the form here, I am in India Andhra Pradesh if any one can guide and sort out the issue it would great great helpful and appreciated, or you can advise and guide me on my Indian number to +919177184664, tnq Rajesh

  8. #8ebby55062025-05-07 19:45

    This 2025 mybe by now your dead to get the info