Hi folks, I have a customer with 2 PC200s than need pms. Its an LC7 and an LC8. I have the parts book for an LC8, but not LC7. Can anyone tell me, as far as the PM parts (like filters and fluids and such), is there a difference between the 2? The engines are a little different and there's a bunch of other differences, but does anyone know if the other 'PM' parts are the same? Thanks!
NVM... found out they're not. Oddly, not one filter I found was common between the 2 machines.
Does one have a Cummins clone and the other a genuine Komatsu engine. They shifted around in about that time frame as I recall.
I’m starting the one PM tomorrow, I’ll Know more then. The Komatsu PNs are different but the Donaldson PNs they cross to end up the same. Derp.
How can they be interchangeable !! Their engines (PC200LC-7 & PC200LC-8) are vastly different !! PC200LC-7 engine is SAA6D102E-2 while PC200LC-8 engine is SAA6D107E.
KOMATSU and CUMMINS are partnership now. They have set up the joint venture companies named Cummins-Komatsu in US and Komatsu-Cummins in Japan.
There are still machines with the original Komatsu designed engines showing up here in the US. The bigger machines now have the 125, 140 and 170 model engines with the Cummins common rail fuel systems and electronic controls.
These Komatsu engines may be manufactured before 1993 (The excavators PC..... dash 5 and before). Since 1993, Komatsu and Cummins engines have a common design. All spare parts of Komatsu and Cummins are interchangeable. https://home.komatsu/en/company/history/
I'll have to differ with you in that Komatsu manufactured clones of the Cummins B, C and M11 engines and named the models differently than the Komatsu designed and manufactured engines. They took all references to Cummins off the engine markings and even made it so Cummins could not match part numbers to the Komatsu clones. The big reason was the EPA regulations that started taking affect in 1996. The original Komatsu engines I still see on one many types of Komatsu iron are the SD95, SD108, SD125, SD140 and SD170. They are not a common design at all. Komatsu has been in joint partnerships with Cummins since the sixties and designed the original K series Cummins engines. The move to the Cummins engines and installing them in construction machinery was a huge issue in that the warranty return percentages went from less than 1% to as high as 5% on new machine sales. When Komatsu adapted their engine to run to the EPA regulations, they went back to their own motors, especially in the big bore high horsepower ranges. All those engines have individual heads like the K series Cummins and not the single or double cylinder heads like the Cummins.
No expert here, but that if that LC7 didn't have a BT6 or a rebranded one or clone or whatever, I'll be a monkey's uncle. The LC8 appears to be a real Komatsu engine. Or, at least it's one I've never seen before. The hydraulic filters are the same between the 2 machines, but as far as filters go, that's where the similarities end.
There should be a tag on the valve cover saying what it is. Take a photo of that tag if possible and maybe someone here can tell you exactly what it is.
They both say Komatsu. I can’t recall the exact M/N that each is, (someone already posted that info) but that LC7 is definitely a BT6. Or clone, or rebrand or whatever you want to call it. Anyhow, the point of this whole thread was to ask if anyone knew if the filters were the same. Aside from the hydraulic, they are close but no cigar. It looked like the engine filters were the same initially, but I think I goofed it somewhere.