A little back story, I bought this machine from an insurance company about 5 yrs ago. When it was delivered it didn't have any batteries in it. I happened to have and 8D battery and a group 31 battery sitting around so I put them in it to get it off of the trailer. Needless to say I just left them in there because they worked fine. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago..... I decided to put new batteries in the machine because I was having to jump start it if it sat more than 2-3 days. I put 2 group 31 batteries in it. Now the machine starts just fine but I have absolutely no hydraulic functions. No codes. It has been pretty cold here but I feel like it must be something electrical. Anyone have any ideas where I should start looking? FWIW it was working fine before I changed batteries.
I would probably start at the safety lever on the left side console in the cab.
John, when I move the safety lever I could here a clicking sound under the right side console. I took that cover off and it is activating one of the three relays. That is as far as I got yesterday evening. I'm not sure where to go from there. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like it should be energizing one of the solenoids back by the control valve when I move the safety lever?
Somewhere I have a book on a Dash 7 machine and will have to do some studying. Have you checked all the fuses? As I recall on the older Dash machines, there is a wire that just supplies the whole fuse box. Do the wipers and lights on the machine work?
Yes, I did check the fuses. All were good.
Fuse number 3 supplies voltage to the PPC solenoid. The solenoid number is VO1 and is in the solenoid stack behind the cab and I think in front of the main control valve. I don't remember if one wire always has voltage to it or it is energized by grounding the circuit in the computer. Since you were in the compartment with the batteries I would suggest checking there again and look for any wires that might have been dislodged or disturbed in any way. The drawing I have shows two fusible links in the battery compartment at the forward bottom corner. One is 35 amp and the other is 65 amp.
Ok. Thank you. I did look in the battery compartment (actually 2 or 3 times). I did check a square 65 amp fuse in there. It was good but that is the only one I saw in the battery compartment. I will look again.