Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200 LC-7, gonna buy but curious what the value should be…approx.

Blu Ox ยท 2015-11-08 17:12

Hello to all of you wise individuals. So the time has come to write the check for our long awaited search and purchase. Here it is and accessories 2007 Komatsu PC 200 LC-7 with 2,053 hours 48" tooth bucket 60" ditching bucket Progressive link hydraulic thumb Pretty loaded Excellent shape!! This machine was run by a 90 year old operator and his 71 year old son. No disrespect to the current owners but from what I heard it's painful to watch them work (in a good way) as they are like the little old lady on her way to church. Taking things way easier than they should . The machine is tight and excellent in every way with the exception of the two bucket pins I think are original and need replacing. I am looking for an honest cost for that detail which I will post that question shortly. That said I am truly having a hard time finding a fair cost comparison online or any site that can give some honest numbers on what this animal is worth. I was leaning towards the Deere 200D but the sellers of the Komatsu 200 said that word we are love to hear when buying- "motivated"... So the floor is yours. Please advise on what your thoughts may be. I salute you all....especially those soldiers whom gave us our freedom. :usa

Replies1
  1. #1clintm2015-11-08 17:30

    yeah those barn finds are always hard to price. I would go for the kommie over the deer any day:thumbsup. For price comparison you are not going to find very many if any 2007's with that low of hr's so I would compare it to one around a 2010 to 2012 with 3,000 to5,500 hr's that should be some where close just shooting off the hip I would guess around $55,000 how does the hoses look are they drying out and cracking are there any leaks even with the low hrs you still have a machine thats going on 9 years old.