Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200 LC-7 issue

bam1968 · 2016-02-09 14:45

Hi, I have a komatsu pc200 lc-7 that just randomly cuts out. Imagine just turning the key off and then right back on. It has done this since I bought the machine @ 3 years ago. It has gone from doing it 1-2 times a day to now doing it 2-3 times an hour. So, basically now its getting pretty darn annoying. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this? Or give me a little direction on where to start looking? I should note that it seems to be very random except for it occurs a little more often when tracking the machine verses sitting in one spot and digging.

Replies7
  1. #1mikebramel2016-02-19 00:07

    Depending of how it cuts out I be looking at how solid the fuel supply to the engine is... otherwise electrical problem

  2. #2Hydraumind2016-02-19 01:35

    check fuel sut off solenoid

  3. #3bam19682016-02-19 11:59

    I'm assuming the fuel shut off solenoid basically takes power to keep it open. That makes sense if there would be a problem such as a bad connection there. When it acts up it is just like you turn the key off and back on. The amount of time it cuts out is about 1-2 seconds. Which makes me think its an electrical problem. I will start with the shut off solenoid. Thanks

  4. #4DK882016-02-19 18:11

    ^ agreed, check the fuel solonoid hold in winding for resistance, then put a decent load on the circuit and see if it holds up or drops off.

  5. #5Hydraumind2016-02-20 00:17

    You should also check for error code, there should be a step out in governor motor

  6. #6John C.2016-02-20 11:51

    I've seen the wiring for the throttle control motor rubbed through in the area around the harness connector. When the machine moves the bare wires make intermittent contact with metal around them and short for just a few seconds.

  7. #7Logan2016-02-20 16:19

    If its like the pc200 lc8 it may have one of those contact cutouts on each corner in case it bumps something when in a confined space. Dealer had to disconnect them from the one I was on…. possible wiring loose there? Off the wall idea but if you're running out of ideas it could be worth a look.