Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc200 needs thumb and display doesnt light up

davecampbell ยท 2019-08-28 21:11

I just bought this excavator at auction. It has the attach points for a thumb already on the dipper. Is it realistic to try to find a thumb that will fit those? Would I be better off to just have something built to fit it? Or maybe I should just cut that off and start over? Also the display doesnt light up at all. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting that? I feel like I got it cheap enough that I can replace it if neccessary.

Replies14
  1. #1John C.2019-08-28 22:17

    It's Dash 5 colors. There should be a fuse panel at the front of the right side console. It has a black cover that pops off so you can see the fuses. Does the panel have Japanese writing or English?

  2. #2davecampbell2019-08-29 05:56

    English

  3. #3davecampbell2019-08-29 19:49

    I brought it home today and track motors seem weak. Is there any way to test to see if the swivel could be leaking internally?

  4. #4John C.2019-08-30 00:33

    Does it walk straight in both directions? Can you do a cycle time on the boom up function and check it with a stop watch?

  5. #5davecampbell2019-08-30 12:03

    I can do a cycle time. Seems to walk straight.

  6. #6John C.2019-08-30 12:22

    More than likely the pump just needs to be tuned up. Post the cycle times when you get them done.

  7. #7davecampbell2019-08-30 13:13

    4.16 seconds from ground to full up

  8. #8davecampbell2019-08-30 13:15

    I'm wondering if I could make up some lines to bypass the swivel and check travel strength then

  9. #9John C.2019-08-30 16:51

    I would recommend plumbing a couple of gauges into the pump output ports and see what you are getting for pressures. I believe travel pressures should be between 4,600 and 5,000 psi. If the pressures are OK, then check the case drains on the motors.

  10. #10davecampbell2019-08-30 17:57

    I'll try to get my hands on some pressure guages. Does that mean that my cycle time on boom seemed ok?

  11. #11John C.2019-08-30 22:33

    Yes is is pretty good. I'm thinking the cutout function in the pump has drifted down a little. Some pressure readings will provide a little more insight.

  12. #12davecampbell2019-08-30 22:36

    trying to order a shop manual. what is the difference between a pc200-5 and a pc200lc-5?

  13. #13John C.2019-08-30 22:38

    One extra roller on each track frame and a little longer track. Drive train and hydraulics are the same.

  14. #14John C.2019-09-01 19:35

    I have posted a video link in the excavator section of the forum. You machine works the same way as the subject machine in the video. It will explain a lot to you about how your pumps work.