Just traded for pc200lc-3 s/n 21277 I think it's a 1984 with S6D105 engine. Does anyone know how much oil the engine holds with filter change and the proper way to check hydraulic fluid? I have an owners manual on the way but will be next week before I get it I plan on changing the oil this week and put it to work. Thanks for your help. toreed47
Komastu I dont mean to sound smart, BUT If the hyd tank doesnt have a sight guage, open the fill cap and use a stick. Im only guessing, but with all the cylinders fully opened or closed, the tank should be about 2/3 full. I have owned two of these and they both had sight guages, you couldnt see through them, but they were there. I did get a new sight guage for one of them. OIL, Im thinking 4 gals, but until I know for sure, I fill up the new oil filter and keep adding until it gets correct on the stick. Then I take a magic marker and write in somewhere in the cab, out of the weather (for next time) I have a brand new top roller, for this machine, if you need it. $100, plus what ever the shipping is. These are good machines, even worn out, they still do the work. Im in NC and there is a salvage place, that has all kinds of parts for this machine. Construction Parts and equipment, Goldston, NC they have a web site also Hope this helps, check out eBay, usually parts on it also, just be careful, sometimes the shipping will get you Hope this helps
Hydraulic oil level is checked with everything all the way out setting on the ground. It should have a maintenance chart in one of the doors. If you have any questions about the machine, give me a shout.
Thanks for the info I'm sure I'll have more questions later. toreed47
toreed......You check all Komatsu pc's..all the way out and down...teeth touching the ground....it holds...Specifed 230 liters(60.75gals.) Refill=170liters(45gallons)..the engine refill=4.5gals.(17.5liters)...specied=18.5 liters(4.75gals)..all cylinders retracted(3/4)full...let enough room for thermo expansion.....
hello everybody i am planning to buy used komatsu excavator but i am wandering about komatsu models like pc200-6EN and pc200-6ZE pc200-6ZE etc. what is the meaning for the two Characters in the end is for location or for specifications؟
the pc200-6 seies are are standard units.......pc200lc-6lc = lc long track with a cummins engine.....pc200-6lk= long track with komatsu engine...le means short track...the pc 200lc-Z series now they are stripped down vesions of the dash 6's...meaning they one start vand run in one work mode only.....no fancey bells and whistles...made for rental houses...
The Z model Komatsu are grey market machines designed to work in very wet places or climates. There are no computers in them and very few electrical components. They were not produced for sale in the United States. I've not seen a PC200LC-6LC. All I have experience with are PC200LC-6LE which means they were manufactured in Lexington, Kentucky. The PC200-6E is another oddball than many said were emissionized engines as all had Cummins engines in them. A Komatsu factory rep told me that the E really stands for extended track frame without the extra roller that comes on an LC machine. The early Dash 6 machines with the Komatsu engines were OK machines and I've had few problems with them over the years. The later Dash 6 machines with the Cummins engines worked OK in this model but were very problematic in larger and smaller machines. Those machine made many house payments over the years. I've never seen a Dash 6 machine that could touch a Dash 5 for durability, production and low cost per hour of operation. The problem with all Komatsu machines is that when a major component is worn out, so is the rest of the machine. Their parts prices are so high no one can afford to rebuild the components let alone the whole machine. The Dash 3 machines were almost as good as the Dash 5 but the electronic system did not have the refinements. The structures were heavy and well built. The hydraulic valves could be a problem. The circuit reliefs were internally ported and big spikes could actually break the main valve body. I've seen several with internal breaks that made the machine do some awfully perplexing things. If you were lucky they broke to the outside and leaked. The engines were bullet proof. Good Luck!
thank you everybody but the one i'v find is pc200-6en can you explan more for this model
?????
PC200LC-6EN? You need a serial number. The EN & EZ designation means that the units were not intended to enter the North American market. Contact you local Komatsu dealer for further info.
THe facts are not correct onthe location of assemble of the Z model units....I have worked for Komatsu for 14 years....please correct the info....
:notworthy yes mrKomatsu i think Recalls to Specification see the link http://www.komatsu.com/ce/products/crawler_excavators.html i am asking for pc200EN not EZ????????
:usaAMS....the only serail # range i can find is K3200-and up what is the serail # of your unit ..then i can get your info......John C...hush....
The only EN serial number I have dealt with came to the US from Europe. It was modified to reduce the sound levels from operating the machine. We could still get standard parts for the machine at that time, 1999. If you are considering purchasing this machine I would suggest you make sure the correct parts book comes with it. Good Luck!
that's all?
thank you MrKomatsu for help:scool the EN model i found was sold out:Banghead i find another one model pc200-6ZE serial No.:97192 engine serial No.:26208060 i wish to get full history for this machine regards
!!!!!!!!!
hello ?????
does anyone know if the stripped down version's are any good?
pc200 grey market does anyone know more about the grey market z model