Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi DR EX scantool

482budget · 2009-06-24 22:26

Trying to find a DR EX scan tool for my 120-3 and for a repair shop, Can anyone help me find one

Replies95
  1. #1superwrench01662009-06-27 19:10

    good luck keep your eyes on ebay.

  2. #2482budget2009-06-28 00:10

    There is nothing on ebay or Google about it, now my hitachi salesman said that they don't make them anymore but they have a new deal out that is a scan tool and a program just for ex 120-3 or what ever machine, He took my machine serial number and hasnot got back to me yet all for 800 bucks?

  3. #3ZAXIS2009-07-07 16:14

    I havent seen one on e-bay for a while, but there have been Dr. EX's on there before.

  4. #4blackhawk2009-07-09 05:50

    Hitachi dr zaxis tool Hi, you require software and hardware for the tool. The software required is dr. Zx for customer. You might find it at hitachi dealer. The hardware required is a palm tungsten, with a serial communication cable. Pls get back to me after u get these.

  5. #5482budget2009-07-09 06:25

    The salesman has't got back to me yet abut the scan tool and I hav't chased him yet. I could use it right now, Yesterday the machine run great for most of the mourning and the went into stupid mode for the rest of the day slows down off and on no power to the stick.

  6. #6krich2009-07-12 04:02

    I know a guy that has a DR ZX for sale come with a Palm M515 pda, cales software etc covers EX series 2,3,5 and Zaxis series 1, you are probably looking at about 800-900 dollars, normally these dont come up as they are dealer only, could probably get you a DR DX for a lot less but these dont do the Zaxis, also Hitachi have changed the software and cabling for there interface on machines after the Zaxis series 1 and have also got to a DRWin for PC so can be run on a laptop

  7. #7482budget2009-07-12 09:40

    Krich Right now I am looking for anything that I can try too read what is going on, I've spent more momey chasing ghosts so far. I'm interested in either DR EX or the DR ZX. Please let me know

  8. #8krich2009-07-12 12:48

    Just one thing if you don't already know, the only advantage with the the DR EX/ZX is the error codes display and pressure/ flow info, gives you quick setup without having to get dirty hooking up gauges, but in some cases it will also give you false alerts or errors. What machine have you got and what is your problem.

  9. #9482budget2009-07-12 15:14

    The main problem is the stick slows down. no power in the stick like wouldn't fill a 28 inch tooth in loose soil and then the next time OK, drives me nuts. I went though the main pump this winter and replaced the barrel pistons and swash plate and it didn't make any difference. I took it to a local shop smart in hydraulic and also a doosan dealer and they went though every thing they could check without DR EX (i have the service books on this machine). They told me that the pump is right there the pilot pump is OK and checks out but they don,t know if it could be a a shuttle valve some where that is messing up somewhere. I have to keep this machine going for another 2 years before I can retire it to the topsoil pile and the other thing i like the way the machine handles By the way it is a 1995 120-3 yes I know gray market but the price was right and I had it since 02

  10. #10krich2009-07-12 15:39

    So is it only the dipper arm that is slow, walks straight, swings ok, when the arm slows down is it at the end of the stroke or soon as you put some resistance against the arm, did the shop put a pressure gauge on the pump and check pressure during this operation, what was the maximum relief pressure reading. If you are operating the arm in and out does the engine start to lug on the arm out operation, also if you operate the arm in/ out while swinging does the arm speed increase. These machines, as do most excavators merge the flow of the 2 pumps for quicker cycle times, if one pump is not not reacting, swashing up then you will get a reduced speed but if it is only the arm that is playing up then it will be a problem within that circuit.

  11. #11482budget2009-07-12 22:42

    First of all the dash 3 machine is a single pump machine (hvp 091 ES pump) so everything is run off one line, thats where the computer an all the sensors come in. Yes the pumps had gauges all over it an it never showed anything except the track drive took time to ramp up like the pump come on slow. That I can deal with but the stick I can't. OK the stick does this usually when the machine is up to operating temperature before that you caton tell that it is tugging against the motor but not when it is hot ( yes the circuit reliefs where checked) As far as speed wise stick out it is fast and pulls on the motor. As far as other systems like digging a hole and swinging around, boom up, stick coming in, and bucket curling in to load a truck stick speed does not change much if a all on the in. Yes other controlls do slow down but they seem to be in sync. The systems we can't check or set has to be set by scan tool

  12. #12krich2009-07-13 01:22

    follow this link to a ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0&_trksid=m38&_nkw=220451373225&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

  13. #13SOMALIWARLORD2009-07-15 15:55

    slow stick Hello all,great forum. I have a hitachi ex120-2 and occaisionally the functions become slow but it usually corrects itself in a few secounds. I would also have to say that i find it very jerky to drive compared to say dash 5 examples. Can software be uploaded to improve the driveability of this machine?

  14. #14CJLennon2009-07-24 14:02

    A little info on the scan tool Hey Folks, I have a friend that works at a Deere/Hitachi delaership and he feels the value of the customer tool is not worth the money. He's a pretty reliable guy and has been there many years. He says that if you can, get the dealer-only version of the scan tool in order to have any diagnostic capabilities. Just an FYI. Thanks for all the time you folks put into this forum. It's really appreciated!

  15. #15bigaidy2009-09-16 15:07

    ex dr i have one for sale I have a Dr.EX for sale.It is in new condition with service data book.Book covers from EX60-3 to Ex600-3 and EX60-5 to EX800-5.If interested please reply.

  16. #16cps2009-09-16 16:10

    I'l give you £50 for it!

  17. #17bigaidy2009-09-17 13:15

    u wont u obvisiouly dont have a clue as to what i am selling.ur a paddy without a brain i take it

  18. #18cps2009-09-17 13:32

    £55 tops!!!

  19. #19bigaidy2009-09-17 13:42

    ok i will think bout it. thought bout it get sense!!!!

  20. #20cps2009-09-17 13:52

    Who taught you how to spell? some one from Coalisland or something?

  21. #21bigaidy2009-09-17 14:00

    i mightnt be able to spell but u must want my top of the range brand new dr.ex.to technical for someone like u to use.it wont fit in the back of a yellow transit.to big.u only play with wee plant in that wee ghost ohh.

  22. #22cps2009-09-17 14:04

    Got you Again!! Just like in Wales when you thought you had a stalker!!

  23. #23bigaidy2009-09-17 14:07

    never mind that do u want to buy my ex dr.its all ****** exs over ther

  24. #24cps2009-09-17 14:08

    i told you, if the price is right!

  25. #25Steve Frazier2009-09-17 14:10

    Next post here by either bigaidy or cps will result in a suspension. Take it off the Board.

  26. #26wamg2009-09-19 02:56

    one to go and I can post a thread

  27. #27obrian2009-09-23 20:03

    dr.ex for sale is it still for sale what the cost an do it have all conceting cable

  28. #28obrian2009-09-23 20:24

    Interface cable for drzx Iam looking for a interface cable for drzx mine got damage,aready got soft wear an pda can anyone help

  29. #29dieselmax2009-09-28 20:11

    Hi, Do you still require DREX/ZX?

  30. #30dhartle2009-11-15 10:27

    Did you sell your dx yet

  31. #31dhartle2009-11-15 10:30

    did you sell your scan tool yet?

  32. #32dieselmax2009-11-15 22:54

    DrZX Hi, had the DRZX listed on e-bay recently, but no takers. If interested let me know and I will relist. Cheers

  33. #33dhartle2009-11-16 11:47

    Will the drzx work on my Hitachi 1995 ex300-3 or my 1999 ex120-5 or the 1995 ex200-3

  34. #34dieselmax2009-11-20 14:39

    Yes, DRZX covers dash 2,3,5 and ZX machines

  35. #35dhartle2009-11-22 08:50

    how much?

  36. #36mrexfix2010-01-31 05:07

    hey i only had amate offer a drex couple of week ago im sure it will stil be there only problem its in australia pritty sure over here we use palm piolot to program soft ware touble shoot problems

  37. #37tool_king2010-03-30 22:59

    Anyone have a Hitachi Dr.EX /ZX tool for sale ? Please email me at [email protected] THANKS ED

  38. #38rgl7262011-01-30 08:08

    i have bnew Dr. ZX for sale. its a palm version.

  39. #39tool_king2011-01-30 13:11

    rgl726 Thanks for the replie.I already bough a Dr Ex tool and a Dr.Zx palm pilot with the cables and software.

  40. #40tool_king2011-01-30 13:19

    482budget You need a palm pilot or a Sony pda with proper cable to inteface tool ,Interface tool 4476512 which can be bought from Hitachi/John Deere dealer fo about $180.00 and the software.Let me know if I can help you .

  41. #41rgl7262011-01-30 17:35

    here is the photo for reference: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/rgl726/IMG_1149.jpg http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/rgl726/IMG_1150.jpg http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/rgl726/IMG_1151.jpg http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/rgl726/IMG_1152.jpg

  42. #42cps2011-01-30 20:46

    How much rgl726?

  43. #43rgl7262011-01-30 21:41

    pm sent to you

  44. #44cortooncowboy2011-02-13 10:49

    hey lads im new to this , what is the gray market i hear ye mentioning??

  45. #45cps2011-02-13 13:57

    Hi there cortooncowboy, were you based at! A gray market machine is what we would call an import!

  46. #46mecat2011-03-01 21:23

    Hi, i have find your post about Dr Ex and i would like to know if you are still interrested in finding one. i have one with -2, -3 and -5 series and i am interrested of selling it. i dont know how to post it in the forum. if you know somebody interrested of it let me know. it will be easyer to reach me by email at [email protected] i did work for hitachi for several years as a field technicien and do not use it anymore Thanks Francois

  47. #47alvin1232011-03-21 03:48

    Hi, rgl726, I have a Dr Zx similar to the one you have posted. The problem is i can't use it to communicate with the machine. Do i need to do some sort of setting on the PDA before using it? Please help.

  48. #48rgl7262011-03-21 04:32

    try to install the link socket rotated 180 degress.

  49. #49auy_tong22011-03-21 05:04

    yep, rotate the socket, the socket is wrong position.. you need to rotate it to work.. mine is working already

  50. #50alvin1232011-03-21 08:24

    Thanks for your reply, rgl726. Infact i have plugged in socket like you said because that is the only way. After following the operation instruction, it just says " comunication problem, please check control power and comunication harness". Any other solution? Thanks.

  51. #51alvin1232011-03-21 08:34

    Thanks for your respond, auy_tong2. Do i need to unclip the wire and clip it back to its original position after rotating the socket?

  52. #52auy_tong22011-03-21 08:35

    i cut the plastic on mine to be able to insert it

  53. #53DBarron2011-03-21 22:27

    You have to download an I/O program onto your palm depending on Palm. Send me pics of what you have version of software and palm type (brand). I will get it working no problem, also just FYI 90% of connection errors are machine side or cable problem not the palm or software.

  54. #54alvin1232011-03-22 02:20

    Thanks you very much, Mr. DBarron. FYI, i am using a Tungsten T2 PDA and dr zx ver 3.05.0001. I have tried this on several machines and i always get the same result e.g. comunication problem. Suspecting that the interface cable might be the cause but they are brand new. As i am new on this, may i know what is I/O programe? Your kind assistance is much appreciated.

  55. #55rgl7262011-03-22 11:08

    you interface cable might be the problem.

  56. #56alvin1232011-03-23 08:37

    I have thought about that but it is brand new. Perhaps it might be my unlucky day to purchase a faulty one.

  57. #57raolela2011-03-25 01:53

    I am chinese, our repairman also used HITACHI detectors, and we buy it in China, it had many language setting, I think you can look it by google, then you will find...gook luck to u

  58. #58alvin1232011-03-25 03:48

    Google for what? Solutions or looking for a brand new one?

  59. #59raolela2011-03-25 04:15

    google HITACHI DR.ZX software.... you can get many suppliers for it. 1. The Dr.ZX Hitachi excavator diagnostic tool can be installed in pc computer. The software runs in Plam OS Simulator stablely. 2. The one can be used in Hitachi excavaotr Hitachi EX 2-3-5-6 and ZX-1-3 . 3. Model Number: Hitachi ex-2-3-5 / zx-1-3 / Warranty: 1 year

  60. #60alvin1232011-03-25 09:03

    raolela, Thanks for the information you provided. FYI, i have bought Dr zx PC version before. The problem is that it is in Chinese which i don't understand. Besides it only can be install on a PC running XP os - we are using Window 7 nowadays. I have came across many companies in China selling this things but don't know which is more reliable. Any suggestion? I have the PC version and Pda version as well but both don't work.

  61. #61raolela2011-03-25 22:30

    Hi, sir, there is two kind of Hitachi Dr.zx in china, one is software, which is in one CD, and connect with the computer with USB, this is only for XP system, and it is easy to lost.. however another one is palm computer, and it is portable, the hitachi DR.ZX is installed on the palm computer, if your machine is broken, you can check them by this palm. Anyway, if possible, I suggest you can by palm computer.

  62. #62busy_builder2011-05-17 17:06

    Hi Folks I have a just got a fiat hitachi fh130-3 and the engine reves up to full trottle sometimes, and the other power buttons cannot be selected. Does anyone know if the Dr Zx software works with fiat hitachi? or if the fh130-3 has seperate diagnostic software? Regards PM

  63. #63DBarron2011-05-17 17:14

    Dr ZX does work with the FH model, worked on a few FH models and it worked fine. I have one setup left if you want one

  64. #64busy_builder2011-05-17 17:21

    Thanks for reply Do you know where one might be purchased second hand. I have seen ones on the web but mostly in china. By the way, have you ever had problem with engine going to full trottle for no reason?When it does i cannot select any of the other power buttons. Im thinking it might be the stepper motor. I was thinking disconnecting stepper motor and putting in cable to manually adjust trottle Thanks PM

  65. #65DBarron2011-05-17 18:18

    Send me your email address

  66. #66zaxis652011-05-29 05:33

    Ex doctor I have one, it is in perfect conditions with cables and case. If you are interested and want other info and foto, contact me [email protected]

  67. #67zaxis652011-05-29 05:35

    [email protected]

  68. #68pecmichal2011-09-13 13:11

    Do you still selling this soft? Please contact me on [email protected]

  69. #69wsw2011-09-15 08:57

    I have the program and the adapter for a Dr. EX but you need a palmpilot and one computer cable to make it work. You install the program onto your laptop and then plug in the palmpilot and instal it there. then the palmpilot used with the adapter is your Dr EX. Let me know if I can help e-mail [email protected]

  70. #70wsw2011-09-15 08:59

    I have the program and the machine adapter, you would need to purchase a palm pilot though. If your interested e-mail [email protected]

  71. #71ewtop1232011-09-21 10:48

    i tried sending yuh a email n it wouldnt let me is there any way u can upload the dr.ex software to a link.or pm.me thanks

  72. #72ewtop1232011-09-21 11:00

    hey i was reading the resent post but i couldnt send you a pm. i have a palm version like alvin123 i read u mention u need a i/o software installed to get it working is there a link where i can get it or hoe does that work thank you! !!

  73. #73ewtop1232011-09-21 11:04

    hey i was reading the resent post but i couldnt send you a pm. i have a palm version like alvin123 i read u mention u need a i/o software installed to get it working is there a link where i can get it or hoe does that work thank you! !!

  74. #74wsw2011-09-26 12:25

    I have everything but the palm pilot for a Dr EX, message me if interested

  75. #75shopguy2011-10-09 06:03

    I would be interested if you still have it. thanks

  76. #76wsw2011-10-09 10:26

    Sorry I was out of town for a few days , And yes I still have it

  77. #77tool_king2011-10-09 11:20

    I run both the pc version and the pda verion.I run the pc verion on a Panasonic cf-29 tough book.I The pc verion is in english or the language o your choosing.I like the pc one better because I can lock service and part while scanning machine in my other files.Also the screen is much bigger.You can buy the interface tool from a Hitchi or John Deere .I will get the price and part number an post it .

  78. #78shopguy2011-10-09 15:14

    Yea i have the usb cable from a pc version that dosent work if i could buy a new program to get me going. thanks

  79. #79tool_king2011-10-09 19:20

    shopguy do you have a db 9 pin on you laptop ?That is what i use .I have both programs .Send me a pm so you can get straightened out.

  80. #80Digiltal-IO2012-05-05 10:00

    Hi there; I have original Dr.EX Hitachi Kenki Diagnostic Handy Terminal Tool (DHOD-001). Message me if you interested...

  81. #81Digiltal-IO2012-05-05 11:08

    To tool_king; I cant reply to PMs because of the limitation to new members.

  82. #82JGS Parts2012-05-05 11:16

    yeah well guys we have them in stock if anyone is intrested message me as we have it with the PDA or with out so let me know and i will get back to you guys asap same as the CAT ET-3 we have them too if anyone needs them.

  83. #83JGS Parts2012-05-05 11:19

    Also for the guys talking about the ones coming out of china becareful with them as they love to send you the system in chinese only.

  84. #84CMP PARTS2013-10-23 00:48

    Hi!I am Cooper Chen and i am looking for Hitachi DR. EX scanner. Do you still have this for sale? Please advise. Thank you very much.

  85. #85CMP PARTS2013-10-23 01:12

    Now we are looking for Hitachi DR.EX software. How much is the DR.EX software? We have the dr.zx latest version V3.10 but it can support few old EX serial model. So we need the DR.EX program. By the way, is the dr.EX date cable same as DR.ZX ?

  86. #86dieselmax2013-10-23 02:13

    Drzx DRZX can be purchased on EBay and Alibaba Regards, Ian

  87. #87CMP PARTS2013-10-23 02:17

    I need DR.EX but not DR.ZX. Thank you.

  88. #88dieselmax2013-10-23 02:37

    Drzx DRZX does everything that DREX use to do. DRZX covers all EX-2, EX-3, EX-5 machines

  89. #89truecountry2014-07-31 19:35

    Whats the price? sended me Pm

  90. #90digger_hunter2015-01-19 10:32

    hey do you still have that original diagnostic handy terminal for Hitachi EX?

  91. #91ferdy.gary2015-09-17 09:10

    Dear budget, I have two EX DOCTOR scantool completed and never used composed by tool, computer and machine cable. If you are already interested on this scantool please contact me : [email protected] many thanks, best regards. FGary

  92. #92EZ Repair2020-11-08 15:09

    Hi, does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Dr.EX/ZX cable?

  93. #93Josh872022-07-12 15:07

    I have drzx palmone tungsten thing it dose pull codes and some diagnostics

  94. #94Josh872022-07-12 15:07

    I do need some advice on the 450 ex track loader it is a dash 5

  95. #95Bigdavis412023-06-17 01:30

    Ive been trying for last 3 years on and off to get My Dr ZX to hookup to my EX120-2 please someone help ! What am i doing wrong.