Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200LC-3 S6D105-B-1 swap to Cummins 5.9 6BT

getneal ยท 2016-01-18 20:17

We have a Komatsu PC200LC-3 Excavator with a s6d105-b-1 with a hole in the block. I've heard that the cummins 5.9 6BT is similar and has been swapped out in other models. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I've found a Komatsu motor - $2750 in running order, $1500 overhaul kit and $250 freight. I would overhaul it, that's not a problem. It doesn't seem like too bad of an investment. I have seen reman cummins in the $2750-4000 range, but I'm uncertain of the motor mounts, radiator placement and hydraulic pump installation. Any experience would be appreciated!

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2016-01-18 20:39

    I think motor mounts are different and maybe the height of the fan to fit up to the radiator. I think the bell housing would be the biggest issue. You have to have a speed sensor hole somewhere for the computer to work. That machine is old enough though that you could set the machine up to run with out the computer.