Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200LC-6 arm cylinder loses power

Kingdom Builders · 2021-06-08 20:06

Komatsu 200lc-6. The arm cylinder will loses power then pops then all power returns. The problem only occurs when the machine gets up to operating temp. The hotter the fluid the more often it does this. When the arm stalls and it doesn’t pop (I’m assuming the pop is the counterbalance/regeneration valve) you can shove the stick forward then pull back instantly and the arm has full power. This problem only shows itself when you’re only operating the arm. When you compound cylinders the arm works fine (only after we changed the pressure compensation valves). Anyone know what’s going on with this thing?

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2021-06-09 10:08

    Do you have a serial number for the machine? I have seen this in the past on the gray market machines. It was the regeneration valve not seating completely. I never got an answer from Komatsu on the fix but I believe I changed the poppet on a couple of machines and never was called back again for the problem. Does the arm cylinder have any drift? Have you done and work on the arm cylinder recently?

  2. #2Kingdom Builders2021-06-22 09:46

    Sorry for the late reply. We changed the regeneration valve, it helped a little but still having problems. We’ve ordered a counterbalance valve, hopefully it clears it up completely

  3. #3Kingdom Builders2021-06-22 09:51

    No drift on the cylinder and it has been tore down and looked at. The nut is tight