Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200LC-8

honda90 ยท 2012-10-21 22:44

Just new to me I bought a 2008 PC200LC-8, 2885 hours. Gone thru it with mechanic and he says cks out. Hauled out to lease and notice that one side of the tracks turns slower than the other side. No codes showing, thought it migh fix itself after warm up, nope. Anyone have any ideas? Previous work history makes mention of track issue but Komatsu mechanic said everything checks out. Can't find out from original owner.

Replies6
  1. #1honda902012-10-22 01:17

    It's the right hand side track, when you open the bucket, engage the lever to the right is speeds up that track. Could this be a solinoid?

  2. #2John C.2012-10-22 01:23

    You need to check for codes on the monitor before anything else can be checked. I don't have a book handy for these machines close by. Perhaps someone here can tell you how to put the monitor in the diagnostic mode.

  3. #3honda902012-10-22 01:27

    I just picked up this machine last week, I would think it's giving me a code but where would it show up on the screen? I've got on order a code book to find out what they are.

  4. #4jey_c2012-10-22 02:41

    I think you should first use pressure gauge to see the pressure of each track, the mechanic should be able to do it. If there is no code showing on the dashboard so probably you don't have any electrical problem

  5. #5John C.2012-10-22 21:31

    Got to look at a hydraulic schematic and I think Komatsu makes a bit of a messy diagram. One pump feeds one track and the other pump feeds the opposite track. When you operate another function such as the bucket there is a merge valve that joins both pump flows together. Everything is fed and the machine just goes slower. The track speed is the same for both tracks because all the flow goes to everything. There is also a pilot pressure control on the travel circuit that changes the stroke of other valves to some extent when in travel to keep everything working at once. I haven't worked on these systems so can't at this moment tell you which way to turn. I'd send you this schematic but it is a PDF file and I am not able to send the whole thing or copy parts out and send them to you. As I recall I got it from a down load another member clued me into on another thread. If I can find I'll send you the link or possibly someone here can do the same. You also might try a search on Komatsu manual or something similar. I'll keep studying when I get time and follow this thread. Good Luck

  6. #6Bob/Ont2012-10-22 22:15

    If you are saying that you work the bucket the slow track speeds up, it's putting the machine into equalized travel as John mentioned. I think your pumps stroke up as you use a circuit, whatever senses you are traveling might not be opening up that one pump. Are the other circuits on that pump slow or up to speed? Later Bob