Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC228 info

Dominion 410 ยท 2011-08-12 23:21

Hi, Looking at a PC228USLC Komatsu excavator. Anyone have dealings/comments with these machines? Thanks, Dominion:canada

Replies1
  1. #1CRAFT2011-08-12 23:51

    Watch out for the Grey market 228's ...... they are being sold by the dealers as regular built for North american market I was looking to buy one a couple of years ago ......... the reg tracked hoe has 7 rollers ..... the LC version has 9 rollers under the tracks ......the one I was serious about had 8 ??? I questioned the reputable Komatsu dealer about that and he had no reasonable explanation, the motor was not the same as the PC200 sitting next to this one, where as the brochures say they are ...... all of the writing around the machine was in some asian script and there was NO shop manual available for this unit ....... I Got VERY gun shy and walked away .......If you are planning to guard the cab it will cost ALOT more to do, due to the rounded cab Just be careful not to be fooled ...... the reputation of the PC200's is awesome .... but be careful