I've got a komatsu pc228uslc-10 that the monitor is stuck in Japanese. I can get to the language menu, but it won't let me change it at all. It appears to be "locked" in Japanese. I've encountered this once before and somehow got it to release the language "lock," but can not remember what I did to do it. I thought there was a way to "reset" the monitor. Thanks.
It might be like erasing codes. When you get to the screen hold down the number 4 key and then press 1, 2, 3 in order and see if it will let you change it then. I'm just guessing here so let us know if that works or not. Good Luck!
Any sushi restaurant handy that delivers?
I went through everything in the service menus already. I also have the full workshop manual for the machine and couldn't find anything in it.
LOL I have the Google Translate app on my phone that can translate the screen in realtime, but I need a permanent resolution. ps....now i want sushi for lunch.
Is this a gray market machine?
drsparke, If you want you can send me a PM and I will provide you my phone number. We have a PC228 in the yard, I can go out to it and possibly walk you through the process to get it back into english.
Hi, Were you able to get this figured out? We just got 3 Komatsu excavators in from Japan and they all seem to be “locked” in Japanese. We can also get to the language screen but there are no up or down buttons to change languages.
Hi. If you want to post a picture of the screen, I can ask my wife to take a look, she's Japanese. If there's any extra words or characters on the screen somewhere, she may be able to suss them out?
I just bought komatsu pc120-8 and I have the same problem as you are. Have you figure it out yet?
For the record...I hate it when folks post with a problem, get recommendations that might help, and then just disappear. In retrospect, they basically whined, got some attention, and left without saying, "thanks". I am sure sometimes there are good reasons but I bet 90% of the time they are just takers. Rant over. Good luck, kaohst -- per this thread the problem cannot be solved. Hang with us and I bet someone here can suss it out.