I have a PC240-5 having the following behavior. When I relief the arm or the boom, I have the swing that rotate to the right slowly. I removed the PPC hose on the main control valve and close them with plug. I tested again and stil having same behavior. Anybody have seen this before? thanks a lot
Compensator
This is a dash 5, there are no compensator on this OLSS system
Does it matter which direction you put the boom or stick over relief? Have you tried swapping the circuit reliefs side to side on the arm and boom circuits. I've had valve bodies break internally on Dash three machines but when the Dash Fives came out with the piston poppets that problem stopped. I don't remember which valve the swing spool is on. Are the boom and stick spools next to the swing. I'll have to dig a book out tomorrow.
When I relief the arm in or arm out I have the swing that rotate to the right slowly. It does the same at boom raise relief. At boom lower I have to close the hose at the piston head, I didn't do it yet, otherwise I have to jack the machine and thus It will not swing. I didnt swap the circuit relief (do you mean safety suction valves). What do you mean by the piston poppet. Also how can I check if I have valve body break inside. The right side of the valve starting from the top: swing, boom Hi, service, arm Lo, right travel The left side of the valve starting from the top: left travel, boom Lo, bucket, arm Hi
I spent about an hour studying the schematic and can't see any way that the valve block could break and cause your problem. The only two things that could cause it are the pilot controller bleeding though and moving the spool slightly to one side or a broken or weak centering spring allowing the spool to shift slightly. I suppose there is a possibility of something coming apart in the swing motor and getting stuck in the spool in the control valve or scoring the bore or spool. Either way you are going to have to pull the end caps and remove the spool for inspection. Measure the spring lengths to be sure they are the same. Use a magnifying glass to examine the spool. Good Luck and let us know what you find.
Does machine slowly swing only to the right? Does machine slowly swing even on flat ground?
It swing slowly, only to the right and just when relief the boom or the arm. If I relief left track or bucket it doesn't swing. On flat ground it doesn't swing unless I use swing joystick or I relief the boom or the arm.