Okay so the only "stupid question" is the one that does not get asked, so I am gonna go for it. PC270LC-6L S/N A85003 The starter would run oh maybe ten seconds or half a minute, then drop out as if I had released the key. I put voltmeter on the power supply stud on the starter, where battery cable attaches. Stayed at 23.5 for the duration, so assumed that since the starter is so easy to remove, I will drop it and take a peak. Sure enough, it was in bad shape. $170 bucks later the starter shop gave it back in good condition. Installed, same thing. Now I found the tiny solenoid near the batteries, where the wire goes to the starter solenoid. There is always 23 coming there to the battery side, the outgoing drops off bigtime when this problem occurs. So, I removed that wire, left key on, and connected to the hot postr. Yes, she started. How do I know that solenoid really is junk? It has several tiny wires off it that I need a wiring diagram for, anybody can privately email me a wiring harness PDF? Please? Or at least some info
Also I was curious about that solenoid. Does it get monitored from the computer that for some reason might be telling it to drop out? Another thing I hesitate to confess: When I dropped the starter there was a white wire that plugged into a flat blade fat square plug. The pigtail stayed attached to the starter and I am not impressed that the starter shop decided it was an extra unneeded wire. So I was unsure where that wire goes, and having no , zero, info, thought it goes on the battery power post. After she fired up I noticed smoke coming from the fuel governor motor which is an $850 part. Can I buy that aftermarket or used and where? Also where does that white wire attach? Man I hate shooting in the dark, always have a shop manual on hand and never allow anyone to rush you, hear me?
Joe you should have battery power on the large lug where the battery cables hook up all the time.I will check with my starter rebuilder on that wire. I have the repair and operation manuals .They have wiring schmatics in them.They will be sent to 4shared.com .Just make a acount it is free and download them .
If you need engine manuals just let me know what engine you have .
Yes Thanks I downloaded them now, where do I find the schematics?
http://www.4shared.com/document/HbGM8Gzh/PC270LC-6LE_cebd3001.html http://www.4shared.com/document/auLCK9wr/PC270LC-6__CEAD003400_2.html Go to this sitetolook up Komatsu parts manual free http://www.komatsupartsbook.com Please download theses one of the ones I sent before was wrong.One should say Shop manual and other operation and mainatance for a 270-6.
They are through out the manual.I will look to see if I can find it.
Its a Cummins 5.9. If you got that, may as well send the link. Thanks
Its a Cummins 5.9. If you got that, may as well send the link. Thanks
Alright so here is what I have learned so far: On the fuel shutoff solenoid there are three wires: black is ground red is 24v when the key is on and white gets 24v only while the machine is cranking via starter motor engaged. In other words that wire should be attached to the side of the solenoid that sends 24v into the starter motor. $345 from Komatsu for hooking up a wire to the wrong post, never imagined there would be melting situation for that reason. Next, why does my small solenoid that sends power to main starter solenoid keep kicking out? Anybody able to help out with a PDF file of entire wiring diagrams for this machine, I be pleased wit dat.............
Pardon me, I am loyal to my friends, I answered my own question. Check out and save this link: http://komatsu.servicemanualvault.com/
Same machine, can anyone tell me where the diodes might be located? Going into the cab now in search of them.
In the Dash 6 machines the diodes were almost all located in the back corner of the cab next to the boom. You had to take out the plastic covers behind the seat and then reach down behind the computer on your left looking at the corner and the heater on the right. All the diodes are taped to the main wiring harness. It was a pain. I would guess that is where they still are but stand to be corrected if not.
thank you John C. You are right. I also learned that in the service manual is a helpful component locator complete with a sketch showing where they are found, every diode etc. I got to a point where I found the wire to R terminal stamped on alternator was attached to the I terminal so swapped it over to send 12-13 volts to starter safety relay.
If you motor the engine over long enough for the alternator to start putting out the safety relay will think the engine is running and disengage the starter. On the smoking fuel shut off solenoid if the start coil and the hold coil are wired backwards they will burn up. The start signal should retract the rod then the hold coil will keep it retracted untill the key is turned off. Make sure your governor shut down linkage is not sticking on the injection pump.
can we find some schematics for -8 on 4shared, if you find something please let me know
michel. 4share.com is auploadsite for transfering large pdf files and documents .What are you lookingfor on te dash 8? THANKS ED
Recently i bought a used PC300-8 and unfortunately the seller didn't send any manual. I needed some hydraulic schematic and something for the engine so i can do basic repair and maintenance. Thanks [email protected]
Do you know what engine is in it?
it is equipped with a Komatsu SAA6D114E-3 engine