Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc290-11

LIAM STAFFORD ยท 2022-10-01 21:46

Hi all I'm a excavator operator based in Saskatchewan Canada .Working with excavators 30 years .Just started on new Komatsu 290 and have few issues. Seat is definitely too high for controls and machine overall too sensitive. Anyone else have experience with this model .I was previously on deere 250 ,290 .

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612022-10-02 06:29

    Welcome to HEF Liam ! We have a few good Komatsu guys here on HEF. You will be in good hands.

  2. #2John C.2022-10-02 12:32

    Need a photo of the seat to see what you have. Too sensitive is not a comment I usually get. You might try turning the throttle dial down a click or two. I believe there might be a mode function available in the operation menu on the monitor panel.

  3. #3Shimmy12022-10-02 14:01

    Armrests will adjust down, both in angle and overall height. There is a tension knob on the back, and a pull knob on the front. You adjust the angle with another knob on the underside of the armrest itself. I just bought a -11 this spring. I am 6'3", 285 and I think the cab is pretty good. I've spent the last 5000 hours in a Case 210C and have always felt the controls could have been a bit taller. As far as sensitivity goes, if all you've ever ran was Deere, you're going to have to learn a real excavator. I have close to 30k hours in an excavator, and a Deere is just slightly better than a Doosan, IMHO.

  4. #4funwithfuel2022-10-02 16:09

    By pressing the little guy with the shovel button, it changes modes. You have breaker, power, lifting and economy. You might try L for lifting. It keeps your pumps partially destroked for lifting, this will take away some of what you describe as sensitivity. The compromise is you sacrifice speed for accuracy. If you're trying to maintain specific lines and depths, this might help. Good luck.