Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Member, New Owner

Jay Rod · 2022-10-06 18:34

Hello all, I’m Jay from New England. I’ve been a licensed operator in my state for years. Used to be my full time profession. I recently bought a 2002 Cat 226 skid and found you guys (and girls) via the Google while searching for some data online today. Thanks in advance for any help, tips or info that I’ll likely need in the coming times. See ya around..!

Replies4
  1. #11466IH2022-10-06 22:05

    Those are damn solid machines. You should have good luck with it but make sure you take care of the engine. They are damn hard to find replacements and if you do find one they are not cheap

  2. #2Coaldust2022-10-07 05:12

    Welcome to the forums! She looks like a one owner, low hour, cream puff. Keep us posted.

  3. #3Nige2022-10-07 16:00

    Welcome Jay. A good suggestion is to always include a Serial Number if you ever have to post in the Skid Steer section regarding any issues. It makes finding info so much easier.

  4. #4Jay Rod2022-10-07 16:21

    She is exactly the opposite of that Coaldust! Lol. 3800 hrs, she had a hard life at an auto recycler, then a few years as a firewood shuffler as the story goes. But now she can retire peacefully here on the homestead. Thanks for the welcomes and the tips. Jay