Dear, I have problem with Komatsu PC290 NLC producing year 2009, after I start it and work about 15 minutes it overheat, I rest it at low engine speed for 5 minutes and it have normal temperature, but when I start to use machine and work with it it overheat very fast again ? Please help me.
Have you checked that there isn't too much oil in the damper case? Are there any codes on the monitor panel? What Dash series is the machine?
Have you checked for head gasket leak or warped head.
I didn't check that, but if head gasket is problem engine will heat all time I think, how I can check head gasket and warped head ? Can I check it by measuring cooling liquid pressure, or something like that ? Thanks a lot in advice !
Dash code is 8 I didn't checked that, on monitor panel there is no any code. I will check damper case, is there any other possible causes for overheat ? When I start to use hydraulic it overheat really fast, but without using hydraulic it have normal temperature. Thank a lot for your replay.
I’ve had gaskets go before ,cold days run ok ,hot days over heat ,let idle cool down ,load a truck or two over heat again. Depends on how bad the leak is. You can check exhaust gases in radiator.
I will check it and write here..
It can cause confusion when somebody posts the same question in multiple places. It's considered poor "netiquette". In this case the same question was posted in 4 different threads. I've removed two of the duplicate posts, and merged the replies from two other threads into this new one. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, and please don't make me work this hard again, especially on a Monday morning.
Thanks Digger. One of the other threads was a guy who "said he cleaned his radiator" but didn't really CLEAN HIS RADIATOR, and was admitting his mistake, and thanking someone for the advice to CLEAN HIS RADIATOR. Unless you've had the radiator out and looked at it with the sun going through it, then you CAN'T TELL if it's clean. If you don't believe me, then take the temps of the engine, hose going into the radiator, and the hose going back to the engine, WHILE it's as hot as you're comfortable running it. Those temps will show what's going on usually.
Gays I checked damper oil and in it it was about 0.8 l of oil, and that is good level i checked in user manual, also i checked exhaust gases in radiator and that is good to. I think there is some problem with hydraulic system because it is too hot too about 87-93 C, all pressures on machine are good, condition of radiator is good and all air from fan is going on radiator gasket around it are good. Do you have any idea what can be wrong ?
Did you look through your radiator with light on the other side? Take the temps of the engine, hose going into the radiator, and the hose going back to the engine, WHILE it's as hot as you're comfortable running it?
Dear, Up hose is bit hottest then down hose on radiator, radiator is cleaned and light go through it. On hydraulic radiator difference between up and down hose temperature is about 15-20C I measured it... Difference between up and down hose on coolant radiator I can't measure because I dont have good access, but it is about 10C. Do you have any idea what other can be probelem ?Thanks for your replay.
Lets go back to the beginning, what does it do when it overheats at 15 minutes? Does it blow a huge cloud of steam and clunk to a stop? or does a warning go off? or does the coolant temperature gauge get into the red? Is it losing any coolant? What kind of coolant? any swamp water added? The temperature of the top and bottom of the radiator are the next thing to check in my opinion. The block and the inlet from the radiator will tell the same thing if you can see the engine better than the radiator.
Dear in this 15 minute it work very heavy, but and ambient temperature is high, if I work normally with it it overheat after 1 hour, it isn't losing coolant. I think there is problem with hydraulic system because main hydraulic valve is to much hot too. I think pump isn't going in minimum displacement positions, it overheat very fast if I am at end position of some command and holding joystick at that position. Pressure is about 35 Mpa, maybe flow through the main relief valve, pump doesn't reduced flow in the level that it need to reduce, maybe this is because there is some leak in pump servo piston.. I think these because end housing of pump is too much hottest then other pump area. Komatsu technician also tell that the pump can be problem. Please tell me what do you think ?
Take a noncontact thermometer and check temperature at different spots on radiator to see if you have even cooling. If you have radiator fill cap on top of radiator ,WHEN COLD!!!!!!! Open cap ,start engine and check circulation when thermostat opens. DO NOT OPEN HOT !!!!!!!.
I will check it, when I worked today with excavator engine temperature was normal, but hydraulic oil temperature was too high about 85 C. When I rest it and it work just without load about 5-10 minute it cool down hydraulic system about 10-15 C.
Gays i founded that the hydraulic accumulator for hammer is broken, and return line hose from hammer valve is pumping when I use any command, can this be cause of overheating hydraulic system ?
@Milos 123 , did you solve the overheating problem? If so please be kind and share the solution. Best regards, Calin (not too far from Montenegro)
Any restriction in your hammer return will cause extreme overheating, a normal hydraulic temp. Running hard should be around 175 degrees, 80 celsious, your temp. Switch could as well be bad, screwed in on your suction line from your hydraulic pump.