Anyone out there got a cummins engine out of a Komatsu PC300LC-6LC they would be trying to sell? Thanks
Have you tried looking on Machinery Trader and Rock and Dirt for dismantled machines?
Yeah man. I called everyone that had a scrap machine like that and they either didn't have anymore or they only had the Komatsu engine.
Are you sure they're not the same? Komatsu built Cummins under license and gave them Kommie model numbers....
Yep, looked up that model in Komatsu parts book, the cylinder head crosses over to a Cummins 6CT engine. Cummins built in Japan.
Hey well that's just peachy. I will find call one of the folks back who said they only had the Komatsu engine and get that. I appreciated the help man.
Gray market machines had the Komatsu SA6D108 engines but they weren't supposed to be here. If you find one of those let me know.
Popular in the wheel loaders, WA340, 350, etc.... Yeah, you'll want to be sure you get an engine that matches, there's a dozen variations in the PC300 line...
A good Cummins guy can tell their engines. The old true Komatsu was a lot different looking. It had individual cylinder heads.
Or not. Depends on the model. The newer Cummins are pretty hard to miss though.
As I recall the 108 was a single head but the valve cover was a bit rounded. The B Cummins has six individual valve covers and the C Cummins has a single narrow looking valve cover. The 300-3 used the S6D125 engine that had individual heads. That whole set up was just a PC400 engine and pump run at 1,800 RPM and a different torque curve on the pumps. I'm not sure i the Dash 6 used the B or the C engine. Either way neither one had enough power to make the machine work like a Dash 5.