Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

490E PVC And Hydraulic Problems

car490e ยท 2015-06-10 10:32

I have a 1993 490E that seems to have toasted the PVC. When any function of movement is tried it stalls the motor. There is no blinking on the status light and no fault codes show when I short the DR ZX plug. I did find that a wire pulled out of the plug for the propel proportional solenoid. This may have shorted and fried the board? I can't see any burnt components. I did verify voltage to the controller on the backside of the plug while the plug harness was connected to the box and all of the 24 voltages were present. I am waiting for a new PVC so I can plug it in. I also tried measuring the resistance of the pressure sensor on the pump and it reads infinity. The angle sensor reads 850 ohms. The machine was running great and then for about an hour it started intermittently bogging the engine down and then finally it wanted to stall the engine completely. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1dieseldog5.92015-06-10 17:52

    There is a 1amp fuse that is critical for the PVC and any bigger fuse will fry PVC, also wiring issues at pump will fry PVC

  2. #2car490e2015-06-10 23:27

    Yep. There was a 10 amp fuse in it. I have all the right size fuses in it now. I am going thru every wire to make sure none are grounded. Thanks.