Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc35mr-2 dash monitor board not working

John V · 2023-12-05 23:23

Has anyone successfully repaired a monitor board? My panel is completely dead, LEDs don't light, hour meter off, buttons don't work. I've taken mine off the machine and done some preliminary testing. Before and after cleaning photo attached. Rust/corrosion cleaned up fine. I removed two bypass caps because I thought they were faulty but they tested fine off the board. I have the board powered by my bench power supply. It's drawing about 35mA. Manually applying 12v to some input pins make preheat doesn't make the glow plug LED light. Tried to find info on this Kansei microcontroller.... nothing. Board is made by calsonic kansei... would barely know this company exists by the google results. I've started manually testing components like some resistors, capacitors, diodes, and transistors. Nothing apparent yet. Would love some advice on approaching this. Thanks, John

Replies2
  1. #1Apple80052024-09-23 11:56

    Any luck with solving the issue with the display board? I am having the same issue with my pc35mr-2.

  2. #2John V2024-09-23 15:51

    Sent it to ERD industrial repair ( http://www.industrialrepairstore.com/ ). It’s a flat rate, about $750 repair. Probably was something simple as they had it fixed in less than a day, but I’m glad it’s working now. Repair has a 3 year warranty. It seems the dashboard does not have great waterproofing as I’ve seen condensation behind the screen sometimes. I presume that’s what caused its initial failure. I see so many of these Komatsu mini x at auctions with broken dashboards