Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc35mr-2 track issues

John V ยท 2025-04-25 13:24

Hey, I'm looking for some advice regarding my pc35mr-2 throwing tracks. All the bottom rollers are good, tracks are in good condition, and I've repacked the track tension cylinders. I haven't noticed any grease leaking out. The idler bearings are tight. I rent out the machine, so I haven't personally thrown the tracks, but it seems my customers throw them off more than my yanmar vio35's. I tell them to be conscious of track tension, keep the tracks clean, and perform spin turns when possible. My leading theory is there is too much play in the frame where the idler rides. I took a video showing the play: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tau5jznABRJDUiqN7 I have no idea if this is normal or if it's worn out and I need to weld some plate in there to take up the slack. Does anyone have a pc35 and can weigh in on this? Additionally, Komatsu has idler guards in the parts book, but the service manual mentions they're for the "steel shoe and road liner spec". Wonder if they're worth adding on my rubber track machine... Thanks, John

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-04-26 08:41

    Seems to move an awful amount.

  2. #2BluewaterLa2025-04-27 21:11

    Holy goat spit that is a lot of slack in the frame or Idler body Have the same machine and no where near that amount of play when the track is off for repairs. Only had one track come off with a friend using it down in a sloppy wet clay area he should not have been in to begin with. Both sides have that much movement ?

  3. #3Simon C2025-04-29 15:31

    Seen your video and you have some shim plates missing, or it is badly worn. Must be some way to shim it up a lot tighter. A good welder can weld in some plates to make it new again. Simon C

  4. #4John V2025-04-29 20:43

    10-4. I'm going to take some measurements next time it's in front of me. Found the dimension specs in the service manual. Attached for those that may need it in the future.