Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC360 LC-11 Main Valve Body Rebuild

631G · 2023-12-06 18:07

We have a PC360-11 (SN:A35212) that may need to have a some work done to the main valve body. Other than the dealer, who could I possibly send the valve body out to for rework/rebuilding? Are there any companies here in the US that specialize in this type of work? There are local hydraulic shops that I am sure would take this on but I would rather look into a company that specializes in this type of work. As an example, Centranz specializes in OTR applications for drop boxes and transmissions for haul trucks. So far as what the machine is doing, the operator noticed that the machine was getting weak on the stick in function and progressively it has gotten to the point that it cannot dig. We tested pressures on the circuit and found that were down about 1700psi on stick in. The machine is setup for a thumb so we swapped out sparts on the valve body to see if we could isolate a bad spool and that didn't change anything. We also noticed that when you stick in the swing motor begins to engage and begins to swing the machine to the left. We have an outside mechanic helping us with it and this he said would be the worst case scenario is that the valve body has a leak internally and would have to get some rework done to fix it so I'm going ahead and starting the process of locating someone to do the work as he's said he isn't setup with the shop space yet (just went independent) to work on the valve body once he got it pulled off. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1Vetech632023-12-06 18:17

    Some of the best Komatsu advise will be right here. If you can follow their troubleshooting instructions they can get you going in the right direction. I personally would start by troubleshooting the pilot and main hydraulic system so you can focus on the proper system for further troubleshooting

  2. #2LACHAU2023-12-08 10:45

    To be honest, I didn't think that the main control valve assembly of the PC360LC-11 (a very new model) could have such an internal leak that it would need to be rebuilt. First I want to ask you if the monitor of the machine shows any errors? How much is the working hours of the machine? You can check and let us know the pressure value of each operation as shown in the attached table. By the way, Have you tried to adjust the relief valves?

  3. #3skyking12023-12-08 10:56

    Is it electric or pilot control? Edit I see a control circuit pressure. I know nothing, but the uncommanded swing sounds like a leak on the pilot side?

  4. #4LACHAU2023-12-09 06:40

    Regarding this situation, I think that the machine may be in a tilted position. When you operate it, the brake of the swing system will open, causing the machine to rotate by itself due to the tilt of the machine.

  5. #5funwithfuel2023-12-09 13:19

    Whenever I'm faced with this sort of problem, I ask if you have a pattern change valve. If the valve is not fully "locked" in one position or the other, you could develop cross-bleed. Usually this occurs with boom and arm vs arm n swing. Just a thought.

  6. #6631G2023-12-14 20:30

    I’ll get this info for you tomorrow and post. I’ll also ask the mechanic that’s been working on the machine what he’s seen and how to report back on that too.

  7. #7631G2023-12-14 20:31

    Pilot controls

  8. #8631G2023-12-14 20:32

    That’s definitely a possibility. This machine is equipped with a pattern changer

  9. #9631G2023-12-14 20:34

    As I recall we left the machine parked on flat level ground when it was worked on. But this would make since to explain a drift.

  10. #10631G2023-12-15 10:23

    6475hrs. Pattern changer looks good at least from the outside. It’s fully into the backhoe position. Waiting a call back after calling the mechanic that’s helping us.

  11. #11631G2023-12-15 10:24

    Pattern changer is fully engaged to the backhoe position. So at least it looks good from the out side

  12. #12631G2023-12-15 10:36

    Confirmed machine is flat when swing try to start yo

  13. #13Neilgogogo2023-12-16 22:29

    How much does this job cost in US?