I've got a 1989 PC360LC-3 with a faulty control box - Red LED is blinking and trouble shooting process lead me to "replace controller". The part number on the box is 7827-20-1002. The machine has a 3 stage OLSS and auto decelerate. I've been able to find one or maybe two units used but before i go that route i figured it might be worthwhile to try to repair my existing controller. Took the cover off the controller and found a burned out resistor (R24) in the lower left corner of the board. Its so burned that I cant identify it. I've attached a couple of pictures. Can someone with a similar unit/same part number post a picture of what a good resistor looks like or post the markings on their resistor? Has anyone gone this route before (trying to fix the control board). Any suggestions of pitfalls i might run into?
What was the machine doing that you started doing the troubleshooting for. I've had them apart before but never was able to get any information on the components. Back in the days of those things, none of the electronics suppliers would give out any information, probably even if they had it. What I've been doing is flipping prolix switch in the cab and then adjusting the pumps up a little at the TVC so the machine could still be worked. For the throttle control functions I've just taken the auto decal cylinder out of the machine and capped the hoses. The performance and fuel economy won't be quite the same but the machine can still be used until something big gives up.
The machine is new to me. Picked it up with a hammer to get through some ledge. It runs on the prolix circuit but not as well as it should. I hear you on the work around, might have to do that in the end. A resistor is less than a dollar o it's worth a try to get it running right.