Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC4000 Loading a Boulder **video**

EarthRockHill ยท 2009-12-30 13:17

Although I shoot mainly demolition I have to admit that I am fascinated by coal mining operations here in the USA. When I was about 5 years old (40 years ago) I saw the Gem of Egypt , the sister shovel of The Silver Spade working in Ohio near my grandfathers farm. The image of that machine working is still emblazoned in my mind like it was yesterday. I really think it is the reason for my drive to document the construction and demolition projects of the world. While I do not have access to coal mining there is someone I subscribe to on YouTube that pretty much allows me to live vicariously through my childhood memories. His access and film abilities and view points are second to none. He shows what it is like to operate, maintain and be 'in' these machines while they mine anthracite coal. Here is one of my favorite videos that he has done..... enjoy!!! YouTube - Komatsu PC4000 Loading a Boulder

Replies0

No replies yet.