i would just like to know a bit more about these machines and if they have any major problems,and how they perform against other 400's and 450's and a 345 of that age. i would also like to know what the litres an hour these machines burn. your feed back would be much appreciated.
Great machines, productivity efficiency and fuel economy. Choose the 400-7 it is newer than the -6
how might their fuel economy compare to other 40-45 tonne machines?
fuel economy is similar on all these days but a cat 345 will out dig a 400 when all other factors are the same. I seen it with my own eyes. Same operator, same dirt being loaded, same trucks hauling to the same spot and the 345 with 2500 hrs got 175 more loads a day than a 400 with 4500 hrs andthe exact same set up.
I've yet to see the day that any 345 Cat would out dig a PC400 that was working right. I have a hard time believing that any excavator of the same size could get 175 loads more than any other excavator in a day in this day and age. So 175 loads in an 8 hour shift is approximately 22 loads an hour which boils down to a load approximately every 2.7 minutes. Even using properly sized wheel loaders your usual cycle time for a highway truck load is 3.5 to 4 minutes. Maybe you should be more careful about spouting production claims.
10 hour shift. And I saw what I saw. When a 400 is struggling to pull a 5 foot bucket and the 345 is acting like it is not even there to me that is pretty convincing. Also taking over two minutes to load an over the road truck with a 40 ton hoe is very slow. 45 sec. to 1 min when 3 buckets fills a truck and trucks able to double stack so no waiting on back up time
what version of 345 are you guys talking about, like is it a bl, cl, or dl. if anyone knows, what might the 345 bl burn an hour?
The 345 We had was a cl. I think it had a 160 gallon tank. Don't quote me on that but it would burn almost 3/4 a tank in 10 hours when running in the highest power setting.
The PC300-7 can do even better I let you watch this video, and when it comes to PC400-7 it is sure that it can also do it even better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9UDHg50bXc So my friend yzman14 I let you choose
It's all a matter of truck placement and cycle times. Sometimes you can get them in close, sometimes you spend 50% of the day in the swing cycle. If you can work smart instead of hard, its a piece of cake to get out more loads with a slower machine.
Yes I know it is a piece of cake to get out more loads with a slow cat, well everybody keep the toughest for komatsu because of it's productivity
Komatsu rules........everyone else drools......Happy New Year everyone................:usa