How can I flush this system without using more than 10 gallons of fluid? I have ran 6 thru it and it's not much better.
Why do you need to flush the system? Do you have a serial number for the machine?
Your post isn't informative enough. Are you flushing a fuel system or hydraulic system? What type of contaminant are you trying to flush? Water, metal? Some here will want a machine serial number.
I am flushing the Hydraulic system because of water in the fluid. I have flushed it with 6 5 gallon buckets and the fluid does not appear any clearer.
How are you trying to flush the system? Are you draining the hydraulic tank? Are you working the hydraulic system completely each time? A pic of the fluid in its current condition would help
Yes I am draining the fluid from the hydraulic tank. I have not been working the system completely after refilling it with 5 gallons of hydraulic. Should I be???
There is no good way to get the water out. Best thing is to never let the water get in. Kind of a rule of thumb is that there will be just as much or more oil in the system as there is in the tank. Ask any dealer or factory tech and they will tell you that the system has to be take apart, cleaned and reassembled. To get it out by running the machine and changing multiple times might take fifty gallons or more on that size of system.
Yeah that would be a drain the tank, hoses, pumps and cylinders. Change filters then add new fluid. You will likely still have some moisture / cloudy oil in the system afterward.
Don't forget the hydraulic oil cooler, swing and both travel motors.