Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC45 Blade Issue

Brian R ยท 2018-03-22 19:50

Hi Guys I have an issue with my PC47-7. When the machine is cold the blade will function very slowly with engine at max revs. When it gets hot there is no movement. Have had the cylinder tested and new seals fitted but no difference. When I look at the 2 Spool valve I can see the control cable is bending rather than operating the spool. Seems to be a restriction preventing the spool from moving. When I operate the spool with a bar the blade moves up and down at normal speed but does not have the power to lift the machine up as it used to do. Any thoughts on where to look? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2018-03-23 18:27

    If you take the cap off is the spool freely moving

  2. #2John C.2018-03-25 22:53

    It sounds like there is a piece of linkage loose or maybe a bolt missing. It's also possible the control cable is partially frozen inside.

  3. #3Brian R2018-04-03 08:08

    The spool is free. When I operate the spool the blade travels at correct speed and has power to lift machine. Does anybody know how to gain access to the linkage where the 2 cables from the lever join into the one control cable to the spool? Seat out and access hatch on the floor Im hoping

  4. #4Rollin in CT2020-12-26 20:17

    Did you ever locate where the blade cables go on the PC45? I have a broken cable but can't figure out how to access the end with the bellcrank. Thanks !