Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ford LRG 2.5L 4

charles schulte ยท 2018-03-22 18:54

I recently acquired a LRG 2.5 carbureted from a marklift (terex). it come with all the relays electronic governer and starter lockout. for my application it doesn't need the governor or relays and lockout. There are so many wires i don't know where to begin. it has the updated ignition module and harness and MAP sensor. I would like a pinout of the wiring from the ignition module so I know where to put power from the ignition switch which only has 4 poles. the lrg manual isn't very helpful. it doesn't show everything. ford power products isn't helping and Miwest Power in Omaha has a different manual but its in pieces so they can't or won't copy and email to me. this is going into a homemade tractor loader backhoe that is ready to run. Somebody please help me out. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1excavator2018-03-24 12:47

    Go to the Genie site and you can download the manuals for the old Marklift machines. There's some pretty detailed schematics in the back of the manual that should help you out.

  2. #2charles schulte2018-03-24 15:26

    I have the schematics but I'm not sure what to eliminate. And some of the wiring isn't actually shown as to where it goes . I need it more simple. Thanks

  3. #3Bumpsteer2018-03-24 23:19

    IMO......sell it to someone you don't like, get anything but a Ford industrial. Never had an engine that was so hard to get parts information on....call the dealer, bend over or hope you have a damn good man at the autoparts store. Some things are dealer only, paid dearly for a fuel shutoff solenoid a while back. Seemed it was the only engine on the planet that used it. Mine is a damn pinto engine in an IR compressor. Ed

  4. #4DIYDAVE2018-03-25 06:51

    Old (john Blue) highboy sprayers, and some ford skidloaders, and some industrial equipment used these engines, too, if that helps. This not the first thread, on the subject, it was a pretty low volume, weird engine, good luck with your search!