Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc50

samsstuff ยท 2021-10-02 22:13

Ive got hydraulic fluid in my final drive on the outside where the sae 30 oil goes, how hard is it rebuild one these, 2400 bucks is alot in one sense but in another ive already bout rebuilt the whole machine

Replies5
  1. #1Orlando2021-10-05 04:25

    I am not sure what size machine you have but for 20 plus tonne Excavators final drive's, the gear oil is heavy duty SAE 85 -140, maybe your problem is using to light an oil ?

  2. #2John C.2021-10-05 11:36

    Komatsu doesn't use gear oil in much of anything that I know of. The motor is leaking into the final drive and I don't know if it is a integral part of the drive or a separate component. I've never touched a final on a Komatsu mini but I would guess that $2,400 might be for just a new drive motor. Gear boxes are very expensive anymore.

  3. #3samsstuff2021-10-05 22:18

    Best i can tell theres a seal bad because hydraulic fluid is on the sprocket side where it actually is suppsoe be sae 30 oil, the trouble is by the time i go thru the trouble of taking the final drive off ill most likely put a new one on it, hard come up with that 2400 real quick but its a good little hoe and ill eventually do it, i just piddle with it anyway, not used for any work

  4. #4Orlando2021-10-07 02:08

    Yeah can not say I would know much about mini final drives but we are currently fixing the same problem on our 30 tonne machine where hydraulic fluid is leaking into the heavy duty gear oil side, turns out its a broken swash piston and seal and turned into quite a big job to repair as the whole final drive had to be pulled out and bench repaired.

  5. #5samsstuff2021-11-01 21:50

    I bought another final drive but aint put it in yet, easier to drop a bucket fluid in it and go on, its pretty good job even on a mini, is for me anyway and the hose hook up was interesting on the other side