Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc75 questions

89.ho.ss ยท 2014-12-21 09:28

I was recently using my mini at a job loading atumps without a thumb. I had a stump come back and smash out both front windows. I am in eastern ct and cannot seem to find glass anywhere for it. Online when I called my dealer they wanted a part number. I don't have one. They said i needed a parts catalauge.I didn't know if this is something I can have a local glass company make. The upper glass on the track is self explanatory but the lower one I am not sure how big its actually supposed to go.

Replies5
  1. #1clintm2014-12-21 12:29

    if it's flat any glass guy can make a new one.on the bottom one I most of the time just cut a piece of plexiglass to fit. take the money you save from dealer glass and get a thumb been there done the same thing but mine was in the cab pushing on travel levers going towards stump had to break pedals to stop

  2. #2willie592014-12-21 12:48

    You must have a gray market machine, but if you're saying your local Komatsu dealer told you that they can't get the part number their wrong, my local Kommie dealer has always been able to come up with numbers for me on gray machines. Sometimes it takes a little work on their part, sounds like they just don't want to put forth the effort. If you can provide the exact model number including dash series (PC75UU-2) and s/n I'll see if I can get the part number for ya. But be prepared, Kommie is damn proud of their parts.

  3. #3Tags2014-12-21 14:06

    A local glass guy can do it but won't be able to put a hole in it for the wiper. We have an old Hitachi 120 that the front glass was smashed out of and the glass guy cut me a piece and installed it, we never use the wiper so I told him just remove it from the frame. Saved me a few hundred that I used for filters.

  4. #489.ho.ss2014-12-21 15:15

    I will get the numbers. I will see about the local glass guy. Thank you for the info. I am planning on replacing the weatherstripping at the same time

  5. #589.ho.ss2014-12-21 15:17

    Oh yes a thumb is definetly going on this winter