I bought a new to me 1999 Komatsu PC75UU-2 and first time excavator owner. The excavator works fine on flat ground and has lots of power digging with no issues but as soon as there is resistance tramming forward up hill or trying to use the blade to plow, even the slightest amount of dirt the engine begins to struggle and almost stall. Advice I have been given is that she is in in High speed low torque mode and should be in low speed high torque mode but I dont know if my excavator has that option and if she does how to change modes. All the panel buttons are in Japanese. The other piece of advice is that when in forward motion and there is resistance, hydraulic oil is leaking past its seal in the swivel joint and flowing into the reverse side pathway and she is trying to go forward and reverse and the same time and fighting herself. What's all your thoughts on this?
Good day The advice you have been given is good I dont believe that Komatsu internded the machine to blade in high speed see attached. You could check what pressure you have at the crawlers or switch the shock valves. Kind regards Uffex
Thx for your help uffex. I have ordered an hydraulic test kit so waiting on that to arrive. Would you know on how to switch from high speed to low speed modes on the PC75UU-2? Could the fix be that simple that I have to flip a switch in the cab somewhere?
Good day I will try to find that information for you I have a contact with a Ops manual. Kind regards Uffex
Good day See attached loss of performance in one direction could be the shock/relioef valve. Kind regards Uffex
Good day This may be helpful. Kind regards Uffex