Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC75uu-2 pump parts

Jon Bradtke · 2019-08-10 21:56

I just picked up an older Komatsu PC75uu-2. The previous owner said it needs pump work. Took it home and sure enough, I got 2,200 psi on 1 valve manifold block and 0 psi on the second valve manifold block. The third manifold block comes off the gear pump at the end of the piston pump and that one was at 3,000 psi. I actuated the track levers for testing the main manifolds as to avoid throwing the pilot lines into the scenario. Has anyone tried rebuilding a PC75uu-2 main pump themselves? And if so where did you source your parts from? The dealer wants an obscene amount of money for OEM parts and I don't want Chinese parts if I can avoid it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Jon

Replies24
  1. #1John C.2019-08-11 01:24

    Komatsu for the most parts makes its own pumps so you have just stated the only sources of parts. It's a grey market machine as well. Good Luck.

  2. #2Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 07:21

    How do you know it’s a gray market machine? And I believe the pump is made by Uchida because that is what the parts manual says.

  3. #3John C.2019-08-11 11:49

    That model of machine was never sold through US dealers. I've never seen a Uchida pump on a Komatsu. Now it sounds like you have something European or custom. You might post of the photo of the pump and maybe someone here will recognize it.

  4. #4Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 13:13

    Okay thank you for the information. Attached pictures of the pump. Just took it apart this morning. Completely shot. Looking for any recommendations at this point for parts. Here’s 4 pictures and I’ll reply with more pictures.

  5. #5Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 13:14

    Here’s a few of the internal pictures.

  6. #6Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 13:15

    And some more....

  7. #7John C.2019-08-11 13:27

    All I can say is wow!. I don't think I've ever seen one that bad. Is there a tag with any numbers on the pump? If you have a book, you might be able to plug some part numbers into Google and see what you get.

  8. #8Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 13:32

    Me either! No serial/model tag on the pump. Just casting numbers which are typically useless. Dealer sent me a parts breakdown of the pump and the pump assembly part number is 21W-60-22111. I’ve been googling trying to find parts but all I find is Chinese parts. See attached parts breakdown from the dealer. It says Uchida on the parts breakdown which is why I was asking for that brand in the beginning.

  9. #9Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 13:33

    Here’s the correct page for the cylinder block, pistons, etc.

  10. #10John C.2019-08-11 14:59

    Uchida used make pumps through licensing of Rex Roth designs. You might try calling someone through them. I've never heard of Yuatsu Kiki before. It might be Komatsu only for parts. I've seen some bad stuff from China and Korea for pump parts. How much money are you looking at for parts or a pump from Komatsu.

  11. #11Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 17:46

    8.7k from Komatsu not including the swashplate which I wasn’t including in my original quote. Probly over 10k with the swashplate.

  12. #12f311fr12019-08-11 20:35

    Bear Industrial Group, Mt Clemens MI. 586 792 2800 Specializes in Jap hydraulic brand repairs

  13. #13f311fr12019-08-11 20:54

    Once upon a time Uchida was the Rexroth licensee in Japan. Try Engineering Technology Services , Memphis TN, 901 369 5404. They are the largest independant Rexroth repaie house in the US.

  14. #14Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 21:00

    Thank you so much I’ll give them a call tomorrow morning!

  15. #15JBGASH2019-08-11 22:53

    If it like my 75-uu-2 it has a Uchida- Rexroth pump. They are rebuildable from some hydraulic rebuilders and some new /aftermarket replacement pumps are available.

  16. #16Jon Bradtke2019-08-11 23:20

    I’d like to rebuild it myself. Any leads on where to find parts? Do you mind saying how much you paid for your pump?

  17. #17Smedlow2019-08-13 02:29

    Several years ago my pump went belly up and, as you said, it was a Uchica-Rexroth pump. I bought a replacement (rebuilt) from the outfit I bought the Excavator from, and they charged me $8000, delivered in Alaska. I installed it and the pump has run fine, but pieces of the old pump were all throughout the hydraulic system. I took the main valve body out and had it rebuilt. There were many little pieces in there. I replaced filters after an hour, and then after a few hours, and then normally. New fluid, of course. Wasn't the most fun I've ever had, partly because it died in my daughter's front yard just as winter was setting in, so I didn't finish the job until spring.

  18. #18Vetech632019-08-13 07:37

    A downed excavator makes a good mailbox post in this scenario.

  19. #19Jon Bradtke2019-08-13 10:42

    Just brought the pump to a local hydraulic repair shop. They quoted me from the same parts dealer that I was planning on buying from. $1100 for me to buy parts (Korean made) and I asked them to quote the assembly of the pump. Hopefully it's not too much!!

  20. #20JBGASH2019-08-16 05:17

    It was a used pump from a salvage yard I found on Machinery Trader. The cost was $3000 and he also threw in 2- main travel spool valves.

  21. #21Jon Bradtke2019-08-20 09:25

    Brought the pump to a hydraulic repair shop. They are confident that the pump can be saved. I told them I am on a budget and I would source the parts. They agreed to my terms. Priced out parts from both OEM (orings and specialty parts) and aftermarket (handok-Korean parts) for the rebuild. 2k in parts and they quoted 8 hrs of labor to assemble the pump. The final bill should be around $2600 vs. $4600 for a rebuild and $6500 for a new pump.

  22. #22JBGASH2019-08-21 04:25

    That seems very reasonable as long as you get a good rebuild job. What hydraulic shop are you using? What type of warranty will you get?

  23. #23DK882019-08-23 20:13

    Uchida me outta a good pump lol Those small komatsu pumps don’t last long even OEM But the Chinese stuff it will be fine.

  24. #24TVA2019-08-23 22:00

    I have friend who rebuild pumps for a living, asked him about Handok. He said they used buy parts from them - but not anymore! The quality wasn’t that great in the beginning, but then went down. I think they use these guys now: https://etongmyung.m.ec21.com/