i just bought an older komatsu pc40-7 and cant find alot of information on it im just looking for some basic info max lifting capacity max bucket size and if the engine just uses 15-40 oil like other diesels.
Your local dealer can run your serial number and give you all this information. They may even have an electronic (PDF) brochoure for your model.
Here is some information that might help: http://www.atsequipment.com/ats_pdfs/ATS_Komatsu_PC40-7.pdf
15/40 is recommened for use in this application... 30" is the biggest recommened bucket to use.
I have both the operators and parts manual in printed format. I'd be happy to provide any specific info your after. Don't have them at the moment, but beyond max lifting capacity what else are you interested in? What is your machine's S/N ???
I have a shop manual but need to confirm the auxiliary hydraulic flow rate. Do you have that? I think it is 14.2cc/rev or about 10 gpm or so?
Let me dig it up and see.