Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu questions

BAD5oh · 2009-04-10 17:52

1986 WA350 won't move in first gear but has 2,3, and 4. I don't have a maintenance manual for this machine Also how can you tell if its a Japanese model by looking at it? We were trying to get a title for ours and were not able too. Then we were told our machine was brought to the US by mistake. No idea what the story is, just info another employee found while trying to hunt down the title

Replies8
  1. #1cps2009-04-10 18:13

    I had the same problem this week with a Volvo laoder, it was a broken wire going to 2nd gear solenoid! Not very sure about the Komatsu, but if you look around the transmission for the solenoid box and check for the wires, might find one broken or if not check the power to the solenoids? That is if komatsu works this way! like i say im not sure, but hope this helps?

  2. #2bordercollie2009-04-10 18:31

    could be the selector switch in the cab,wiring to the valve or the solenoid valve itself. Your machine could have been imported for new sale or it could have been a used piece imported by many machinery jockeys. (grey market) Are the warning labels and such written in english? if not, good chance it is a grey market machine.

  3. #3steelman2009-04-14 23:04

    What is the serial number of the machine?

  4. #4SterlingR2009-04-15 19:40

    If you look on the transmission control valve there should be manual valves you can pull out to check if it is electrical or mechanical. You will need to locate the 1st speed solenoid and the manual spool will coinside with that solenoid.

  5. #5BAD5oh2009-04-17 19:52

    Thanks for the replys. bordercollie sent me an excellent troubleshooting guide to try as soon as I have time. I wish I knew about this site before. Lots of great help ser#10922

  6. #6tex75502010-02-13 14:18

    Be careful when using the manual spools as the machine can move on engine start up.

  7. #7John C.2010-02-13 18:01

    It's a 1987 year machine that is probably grey market. Grey market Komatsu loaders are the same machines as were sold domestically in the United States. It has been a long time since I worked on those machines, but I don't remember them having an electric control system for the transmission. Good Luck!

  8. #8Balbalnamara2023-07-18 05:42

    Wondering if u could help I have a wa 320 -3 with only gear 1and 2 working and she won’t select gear 3 and 4 I have check all fuses but don’t have wiring diagram for the machine