I have a pc200lc-3 s/n 21227 with s6d105-b-1 eng. . The fuel nozzles are leaking where they fit down in the head seaping out the top of the head. I have ordered new packing or seal that goes on the bottom of the nozzle. How hard are the nozzles to pull and the seal to get out of the head? Do you need any special tools such as a reamer or brushes? I have changed nozzles on cummins and case but my first komatsu to work on. Toreed
It's been a long time since I worked on one of those so I'll try to remember what I did back then. As I recall I had a slide hammer and found a metric nut the just fit the threads on the injector top. A washer and then the nut and a quick pop with the slide hammer and all was good. The brass washer comes out with the injector and you will have to pry it off with the screwdriver or knife edge. I had some small wire tubing brushes that I found somewhere to clean out the hole. You have to have air pressure also to blow the crap out. A new brass washer and back in went the injector. They were torqued at something like 25 inch pounds but you better check the spec. One word of warning though about them leaking compression out the sides of the tube. I had one that had been doing that for some time and it actually cut the sides of the seat where the copper washer pressed against. I had to pull the head and have a machinist cut the seat and fit a thicker washer to finally get the hole to seal. Good Luck!
Komatsu s6d105-b-1 fuel nozzle John c, i think the nozzle has a rubber boot with a metal ring at the bottom. At lease that is what the komatsu dealer sent me i hope it's the wright seals. He had the s/n and eng. Number. Toreed47
Now you are starting to stress the old memory banks. As I recall that seal fits under the spill tube and into the top of the injector hole in the head. It is supposed to keep the dust and junk out of the hole. I don't recall that engine having coppers so you might quiz the Komatsu dealer about copper washers that fit on the ends of the injectors. It might just ring a bell with the parts guy.
Komatsu s6d105-b-1 fuel nozzle John c. You are wright the rubber boot goes at the top. I have one out now to look at and the nozzle is tappered at the bottom. Does it seal against the copper tube that the nozzle fits inside of? The nozzles are seapping oil or oil and fuel at the top where the boot fits. I can not smell it if its fuel now how can oil get in there? It does not smoke like the rings where bad and runs good. Thomas
If you can see copper sleeves then yes the injector will seal against the bottom of the copper. You will need to find a way to get that sleeve absolutely as clean as possible. The oil is probably leakage from a leaking valve cover gasket. I have found you are better to have that oil in there rather than dirt and debris. Get the specs for torqueing the injector hold downs from the dealer. With the copper sleeves it is imperative that they get done right. Good Luck!
The manual says 1.7 kgm I think that is 12 ft. lb of torque. I have them back in but still have to torque them yet I found a wire bruch I could put on my drill and clean the seat good. Thanks for your info Thomas
Got them back in everything ok. Thanks for the info toreed47
Right on John C..........................