Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Serial Number check Please

Diesel Dan 92 · 2014-07-20 16:32

Could someone tell me the model year of my excavator? Thanks in advance. PC120 SN: 59966

Replies173
  1. #1John C.2014-07-21 21:02

    You probably have a gray market machine because the serial number books don't list it specifically. It is most likely a 1998 model.

  2. #2Diesel Dan 922014-07-22 07:57

    Thanks for the reply. What is a "gray market" machine? We bought it from AIS Equipment in Lansing, MI. It has 4xxx hours on it and is in like new condition. It is a PC120-6E if that changes anything. It has the display with different working modes.

  3. #3John C.2014-07-22 19:31

    Gray market means the machine was manufactured for use in a different country and not here. The 6E on the model denotes that the undercarriages are a little longer than a standard machine. If it said 6LC it would mean the undercarriage was longer and has an extra bottom roller installed. Good Luck!

  4. #4machinespart2014-07-22 21:06

    Thanks, John. Here i learn so much.

  5. #5Diesel Dan 922014-07-23 08:50

    Thanks!

  6. #6Kevin Honeycutt2018-05-16 08:43

    We also need help with serial number year model Komatsu D37ex-21. # 5130 Any help is greatly appreciated

  7. #7John C.2018-05-16 09:09

    My book shows it to be a 2005 model.

  8. #8Kevin Honeycutt2018-05-16 11:10

    Thank you so much

  9. #9playin in the mud2019-02-20 19:09

    what ya got for a year on a komatsu PC 150 LC-3 excavator

  10. #10John C.2019-02-21 00:08

    Can’t tell you anything without a serial number other than it’s old.

  11. #11playin in the mud2019-02-21 08:07

    oh sorry about that my bad lol...03659 is on the tag for a serial number

  12. #12John C.2019-02-22 10:53

    It's most likely a gray market machine and the year is probably 1988 or 1989.

  13. #13playin in the mud2019-02-22 16:06

    ok thank you for your help

  14. #14Quadnuts12019-03-05 11:56

    Could someone please help me with year of my Komatsu Dozer?....it’s a D39e-1. 095969 is the last 6 of serial. Any help is greatly appreciated.

  15. #15John C.2019-03-05 23:36

    My book lists it as a 1999 model year.

  16. #16playin in the mud2019-03-15 20:36

    would you know what type of hydraulic oil this machine would take?

  17. #17John C.2019-03-15 23:50

    I always used AW46 hydraulic oil.

  18. #18playin in the mud2019-03-16 08:00

    ok I thought it might be 46 but wasn't sure..thanks again for your help

  19. #19BANTONEIL2019-04-25 15:05

    Greetings, are you able to give me some information on a Komatsu PC220LC-3 Track Excavator S/N: 2131606 ?

  20. #20playin in the mud2019-04-25 19:55

    2017 komatsu pc 200 excavator does anyone know how to change the control pattern??

  21. #21John C.2019-04-25 19:58

    What do you need to know?

  22. #22playin in the mud2019-04-25 20:46

    how to change it from ios to back hoe

  23. #23John C.2019-04-26 00:06

    That's a little to new for me. I haven't had my hands into one of those yet. Maybe in about ten years from now.

  24. #24playin in the mud2019-04-27 12:41
  25. #25BANTONEIL2019-05-01 11:46

    Greetings, are you able to give me some information on a Komatsu PC220LC-3 Track Excavator S/N: 2131606 ?

  26. #26John C.2019-05-01 14:15

    That's not the serial number. It should have a letter and five digits or two letters and five digits or five digits alone.

  27. #27ROBBIEJOE1112019-06-14 13:20

    Hey John, what year would my Komatsu D20P-6 SN# 69543 be?

  28. #28John C.2019-06-14 15:32

    It's a gray market machine and my app shows it to be 1990.

  29. #29ROBBIEJOE1112019-06-14 16:08

    Thank you very much John.

  30. #30allebon002019-07-30 15:38

    Hi John, Can you please check this serial number for a Komatsu PC138US-LC Serial: KMPPC044H01002089 What year is it? Is this a north american machine? What dash is it ( -2, -8, -10 ect..) Thank you very much for your response.

  31. #31John C.2019-07-30 19:55

    My contact info shows the machine as a Dash 2 and 2006 model. The fact that they had the number listed indicates the machine is likely a North American model.

  32. #32Jason F.2019-08-15 03:29

    Hi John C. I am looking at a Komatsu excavator that the seller says is a PC30. It looks like a PC28UU to me though. The serial number is PR01335. Can you shed some light on model and year from this serial number?

  33. #33John C.2019-08-15 10:23

    I must be real gray. I don't have any info on it at all.

  34. #34Wes19822019-08-17 09:18

    Hey john, you got any info on a pc75uu-3c s.n.19512?

  35. #35John C.2019-08-17 11:14

    I don't have any information on that machine. It is gray market. You might be able to get a Komatsu dealer to give you some information on it.

  36. #36allebon002019-08-21 10:55

    Hi John, Can you please check this serial number for a Kobelco SK135SLRC Serial: YH00103 Is this a north american machine? Thank you very much for your response.

  37. #37John C.2019-08-21 11:00

    My source shows it as a 1999 model. My source shows that only SK135SR machines are North American. I'm not real sure if that is true or not.

  38. #38allebon002019-08-26 15:53

    Hi John, Can you please verify this serial number for a Hyundai 140 LC. Serial: EG01A10169 Is this a north american machine? Thank you very much for your response.

  39. #39John C.2019-08-26 16:06

    It is probably a 2010 model unit and probably for the North American market.

  40. #40allebon002019-08-26 16:20

    Hi John, I made a mistake on my post. The last four digit number of the serial is 1317, it is for a Hyundai 140 LC , 2004. Thank you very much for your response.

  41. #41Cajunhunter2019-10-24 11:47

    Hi, I am trying to determine the year of a Komatsu PC35MR-3 serial number 15413. Thank you in advance.

  42. #42John C.2019-10-24 14:19

    My info shows 2010.

  43. #43Erin Greer2020-01-17 09:22

    Hi John. I have a Komatsu Pc50uu-2E. Serial number 15671. Any idea what year it is? Thanks

  44. #44John C.2020-01-17 11:43

    That's a gray market machine so unfortunately I won't have any information on it. I would guess it is somewhere in the early 2000 decade.

  45. #45Erin Greer2020-01-20 11:58

    Thanks. I was thinking it was somewhere near that.

  46. #46dlpeacock2020-01-23 18:02

    While you at it could you check mine as well PC50uu-2 ser. 11370. I'm pretty sure its grey market as all the writing on the machine is in japanese.

  47. #47John C.2020-01-23 18:43

    As in the above post, I don't have any info on gray market machines. I can only guess at them based on what I have seen in the past. In this case about the best I can guess it is late nineties.

  48. #48dlpeacock2020-01-24 08:18

    That's what I was thinking as well. Thank you for your reply. I know you probably hear the same stuff all the time and it gets old, but for some of us this is the only way we have to converse with anyone who knows anything about the questions we have.

  49. #49gp702020-02-15 13:56

    Hi John Any idea on a pc200-7 lc Serial 201765 Cheers

  50. #50John C.2020-02-15 14:08

    My books don't show that particular number but since you in New Zealand close serial number indicate your machine to be a 2002 model. I've just run into an odd issue with newer Komatsu serial numbers in that some show a model year as of the date that they are sold. Keep this in mind when checking machines out on the internet when doing research. I have not been able to verify that as absolutely true but have seen several listings showing serial numbers that indicate an older year than what is advertised. I'll post what is happening when I find out myself.

  51. #51DK882020-02-17 20:28

    john c , here in canada as of dec 31, 2019 we were able to bring in teir 3 wa & pc's so there is a whole big pile of pc-8's labeled as new as 2019 and same with the loaders.

  52. #52John C.2020-02-17 20:54

    Thanks for the info. Now I have to put another paragraph in my reports saying stated model year may not agree with manufacture dates. It wouldn't be a problem except the engines with tags still show the manufacture dates.

  53. #53AaronHud2020-02-25 21:41

    Hi, John. Would you kindly assist me with a model year lookup for my Komatsu FG20S. KFI - 54160. Much appreciated!

  54. #54John C.2020-02-25 21:54

    Is that a fork lift? If so I don't have any info on them. Sorry

  55. #55AaronHud2020-03-03 22:42

    Yes, it's a forklift. No worries. Thank you

  56. #56Tek20102020-05-08 19:52

    Hi John, could you give me any info on a komatsu pc120 serial#63241

  57. #57Tek20102020-05-09 11:20

    Hi John, could you give me any info on a komatsu pc120 serial#63241

  58. #58John C.2020-05-09 12:22

    I believe it is gray market as it is not in any of my sources. It should be a 2000 model year machine.

  59. #59apm2020-05-26 13:50

    Hi John, Do you have serial number info on Komatsu Backhoes? I've got a WB150-2, serial number FK1*150F10207. thanks,

  60. #60Bill Edwards2020-05-27 18:20

    Does 31122 give any useful information? It's a D41S tracked loader and any information on it would be appreciated/

  61. #61John C.2020-05-27 22:23

    The serial number is way out of sequence for anything in North America. It doesn't show up in any of my reference materials. Sorry I can't be of any help with it.

  62. #62Bill Edwards2020-05-28 16:47

    Ah, I hadn't realised they used different serial numbers for different parts of the world. Thanks for looking into it.

  63. #63FScott2020-05-28 18:07

    Hi, would you be able to give me a year for my sk 1020 t, s/n 37CTF00118? The hydraulic pump is going/gone and I need to give info to a repair facility. Thank you much!

  64. #64John C.2020-05-28 21:24

    Neither the model nor the number shows up in my sources.

  65. #65FScott2020-05-29 10:36

    Bummer. Thanks for looking!

  66. #66Cristhian2020-06-07 08:24

    Hi john can you give me the year on my Komatsu pc200-6 please ? serial number= 103265

  67. #67John C.2020-06-07 09:19

    That number doesn't show up in my sources but is likely a 1999 model year.

  68. #68Cristhian2020-06-07 14:42

    thanks sir

  69. #69brianbulldozer2020-06-07 17:12

    Hi John, Would your sources have the model year for a Komatsu HA270-3 articulated truck sn 313153? Thanks, Brian

  70. #70John C.2020-06-07 21:54

    I have no records of that model truck ever being imported into North America. North American machine serial numbers general started with a 6. Sorry

  71. #71brianbulldozer2020-06-08 08:15

    Thanks for checking. Brian

  72. #72mutt19702020-12-14 17:43

    would like to know the year of this komatsu pc30 mr i just picked up can someone help please the serial number is 23370

  73. #73John C.2020-12-14 18:36

    Gray market machine. My info only goes to 16000 numbers and then quits. Probably sometime around 2004.

  74. #74mutt19702020-12-14 20:38

    thank you very much now to find a service manual

  75. #75SLI780282020-12-15 21:39

    What can you tell me about my Komatsu wheel loader serial number A82094

  76. #76John C.2020-12-15 22:54

    2005 WA200-5 Probably made in the USA.

  77. #77SLI780282020-12-16 20:04

    Thank you John

  78. #78Mrbman72021-01-27 19:23

    Hey there. I’m hoping to find the year on my Komatsu PC45-1 mini excavator. Serial number is 1910. Thanks in advance!

  79. #79John C.2021-01-27 21:25

    The machine is most likely gray market. I have no record of it in North America.

  80. #80Mrbman72021-01-28 07:53

    Ah ok. Thank you John. Appreciate your help.

  81. #81Newtek2021-02-17 10:05

    Hi all, 2004 Komatsu PC120-6E0, SN: 70751. Any info would be appreciated.

  82. #82John C.2021-02-17 22:35

    It is a gray market machine with a Cummins clone engine. Last I looked at it was 2016 when it showed just over 7,000 hour on the clock.

  83. #83Newtek2021-02-17 22:51

    Thanks John, appreciated. So how serviceable is the machine and what should I be "warned" about besides it being gray market which makes the price more attractive? Any sense of market value at just around d 9500 hrs and seemingly still in pretty good shape? Heading to look at it this weekend. Thanks a million in advance

  84. #84John C.2021-02-18 00:32

    I'd be asking about any pump or engine work. The Cummins clones worked OK but this one should have some blow by out the breather. The pumps could go 5,000 hours or 12,000. If this one has 9K it might be on borrowed time. An oil sample from the reservoir might be worth the thirty bucks. You would be looking for brass or copper in the oil. The rest of the stuff is normal. Movement in the joints, undercarriage wear, slewing bearing up and down and how the engine starts up cold. I think $26,000 was offered on trade back in 2016. How much are they asking.

  85. #85Newtek2021-02-18 07:26

    They are asking $33K Craigslist / $34.5K Machinery Trader lol. It does have a hydraulic thumb & seemingly clean all round from the pics. My target is around $30K as a "willing to pay price" if its sound enough. I looked an older US model last weekend for $12K, but it would have taken another $15 to fix / replace all the damaged components (just past around job to job by people who didn't maintain in anyway or have a clue). The oil sample is a good idea TY. I do that every 10K for my truck. One of the big things for me is to know how it was used & serviced as well if any logs of the activity as it tells a lot both about the machine but also the seller. We will see of course if they have done any work to date or know of any done already that would help with any of the noted areas of concern. I will make some calls before the weekend to local servicers / dealers & get a sense of who is willing to do what, where to get a manual as I like to do what I can when possible & sounds like I need to price out a motor & pump just in case. Usage is personal for property clearing, but I want something to keep around vs. sell after done. Have been reading the these forums where this model is listed or any grey market conversations & it sounds like the grey market for Komatsu is not so bad if one can verify part availability & local servicers.

  86. #86John C.2021-02-18 10:11

    I don't know who owns it now or where it is at. I looked at it down by the Pierce County landfill south of Graham. It had some dents and beat up sheet metal back then. Are the owners quitting business, just liquidating the machine because they no longer need it or looking for something newer. Right now no dealer is going to give them their asking price on a trade. Run the market numbers on Machinery Trader to get the ranges in both asking and auction.

  87. #87Newtek2021-02-18 10:20

    I didnt realize you were local ... Its in Enumclaw atm & listed on Trader so yeh, will go in with the comparisons. No major exterior damage at all. I will PM you the link.

  88. #88SlatcoAu2021-02-19 12:35

    Looking at a Komatsu Wheel Loader WA470-5H. The only reference I can find in regards to the "H" is for some sort of Hyper Specification lol. Is this a north American model or something imported from Europe?

  89. #89John C.2021-02-19 18:42

    German machine. I've only seen one of two of these in the states. I have no idea what the H stands for. Komatsu does do that once in awhile. It may have an odd ball ignition key as well. I had to change the key switch to a standard one years ago.

  90. #90LCA0782021-02-24 11:03

    Looking for year and any service records for a D65E sn 40478. Going to look at it this weekend for a ranch dozer but can't find much info on it yet.

  91. #91John C.2021-02-24 20:01

    As far as I can tell it's gray market. Serial number doesn't show anywhere in my stuff.

  92. #92LCA0782021-02-24 21:44

    Thanks, John. That's the serial number reported by the consignment lot but I'll see if I can find more info if I can inspect it in person. Any particular markings I should look for to determine it's true origin?

  93. #93Mick Pitcher2021-03-28 08:52

    I the H meat its made in Hanomag . We had these in Australia as well as plain -5

  94. #94Mick Pitcher2021-03-28 08:58

    95/96 model i think for memory

  95. #95Dadman2021-06-02 15:19

    Can anyone help with year on a Komatsu HM 300-2 dump truck with serial number 2292?

  96. #96John C.2021-06-02 18:34

    It's a 2007 model.

  97. #97Welder Dave2021-06-03 01:38

    Guessing the H stands for Hanomag which is really bizarre. Never knew Komatsu had some kind of partnership with Hanomag.

  98. #98John C.2021-06-03 09:13

    The history of the name and the manufacturing center in Hanover, Germany. https://www.komatsu.eu/en/Company/Komatsu-Germany-Construction/history

  99. #99Welder Dave2021-06-03 11:40

    Like all the bigger players taking over the small ones. Maybe for brand recognition in different countries?

  100. #100John C.2021-06-04 09:14

    It is an import and supply issue to go along with the labor issue. Politics and logistics make it cost effective to build machines in Europe rather than in Japan and shipping to the other side of the world. Komatsu has been buying, building and taking over factories and companies since the sixties.

  101. #101Welder Dave2021-06-04 11:40

    They partnered with BE for excavators and IH for loaders while developing their own and then cut ties with them. Proved to be a good move on the excavators but the IH loaders were good machines in their own right. Gave them the Z bar linkage. GM had to break up Terex because of competition laws and I wonder the way things are going if in a few years you have maybe 4 players in heavy equipment? .

  102. #102John C.2021-06-04 19:35

    The technology tie up with BE was in 1963 to 1981. It apparently didn't do much as the BE excavators were nothing like any Komatsu I put hands on. The joint partnership with IH was just a way to buy the factories in this country. IH was mis-managed to the point of bankruptcy and thought that the partnership was just another refinance. Turned out it was just a delayed purchase. Z bar linkage went out of patent in the sixties and Komatsu built Hough under license for the off shore markets anyway. Komatsu designed and built their own excavator line independent of all others. They didn't design from a catalog like all the rest of the builders still do. GM was forced to sell Euclid by the anti-trust suit in the fifties and GM then formed the Terex brand to build the same trucks but not for sale in the US for a period of years. Terex sold the truck line off to Hitachi years ago. It's really not relevant to the discussion in this day and age.

  103. #103Azkaz2021-08-26 07:32

    Hi can some one please tell me which year my Komatsu motor grader was manufactured in ? KOMATSU GD625A S.NO:KOM00511

  104. #104John C.2021-08-26 11:42

    That number doesn't make sense for my reference. The reference shows it should have five digits. Something like 50011. That model was built between 1987 to 1991 if that helps any.

  105. #105jMitchell862021-08-26 14:51

    Can I get a look up on a possible grey market? PC45R-8 s/n: 5026 Can anyone also tell me what the R-8 stands for? Thanks!

  106. #106John C.2021-08-26 18:57

    The -8 is the model designation and it usually gives you what kind of electronics and hydraulic package is installed. Your serial number indicates the machine is likely a gray market machine. Serial numbers for US machines started at 5537 in 1998.

  107. #107mac483702021-09-08 12:36

    picked up a D31E-20 S/n 42616 was curious what info the S/n would give

  108. #108John C.2021-09-08 16:53

    1996

  109. #109RAH77777772021-09-20 13:12

    John C, Can you look up forklift info as well? I have a Komatsu forklift with serial number 110772 (I believe) Can't find any info on it at all besides that. Serial number plate on the motor has been ground down, is this ever done for grey market? or did someone steal it many years ago? (I had to scrape off years of dirt and gunk to see the serial number plate on the engine) THANK YOU!!!

  110. #110John C.2021-09-20 15:41

    Even with all the reference materials I have, I have never been able to source something that covers fork lifts for any brand. Sorry

  111. #111RAH77777772021-09-20 17:05

    I appreciate you looking!!!

  112. #112MrEvilPirate2021-09-21 16:48

    Thank you for looking up all these numbers. One more please? Komatsu PC75UU-2E 12659 This is a machine I am looking at buying anyway to check if it is "clean" or not? Will a dealer give me any info? Just want to make sure it is not stolen and no lien.

  113. #113John C.2021-09-21 22:28

    My references don't cover gray market machines. I have no way of knowing a year other than it is an older unit. A dealer might be able to tell you something about it. You will have to check the state for a UCC filing. You can check Machinery Trader on the stolen equipment page. You might also check with an insurance company to see if they will look it up on the their data bases.

  114. #114MrEvilPirate2021-09-21 22:42

    Are you saying it is gray market for sure? That is very helpful thank you.

  115. #115J C2021-09-22 20:53

    Would you mind looking up my PC120-6 (PC120LC) #57510? Thanks in advance!

  116. #116John C.2021-09-22 23:03

    My info shows 1997.

  117. #117J C2021-09-22 23:44

    Thanks John!

  118. #118dbx2021-12-25 19:35

    John C. Can you help me with a D65e-12 sr#J10090

  119. #119John C.2021-12-25 21:17

    1999

  120. #120dbx2021-12-26 11:26

    Is the J10001 start serial numbers after 65000+ ?

  121. #121dbx2021-12-26 11:30

    Does anyone know of problems with D65E's or P's? I have seen some comments on EX's and PX's but nothing on the clutch/brake steer versions.

  122. #122John C.2021-12-26 12:56

    Only the people at the factory could say where the serial numbers start at. It is my experience that all of them jumble the serial numbers to prevent or confuse their competitors.

  123. #123dbx2021-12-26 12:57

    Thanks

  124. #124Ahmedadelbadawy2022-01-31 11:11

    excuse me how to know the year of manufacture of komatsu excavator by serial number?

  125. #125Dewie2022-02-01 12:02

    Year check on a D85A-12 please! Serial No. 19763

  126. #126John C.2022-02-01 14:24

    The serial number doesn't show up in my sources meaning it is likely gray market. The earliest numbers I show start 22XXX and that would be 1977 or older.

  127. #127Behrad2022-04-13 03:02

    Hello my friend , I,m buying 2 komatsu excavator with following serial No. , I appreciate if you help me with manufacture year . 1-DBAK0555 (PC400-7) 2-257314 ( PC200-7)

  128. #128John C.2022-04-13 11:06

    The first number doesn't show up for a US designated machine. PC400-7 machines were built from 2004 until 2007. There are probably earlier ones as Komatsu usually puts out machines in Asia and Europe before they land in North America. The PC200-7 serial numbers in North America start at 50047 so the same issue applies with this machine as well. I show years built from 2002 to 2006 for North American machines. Good Luck!

  129. #129Behrad2022-04-26 01:09

    Dear John , Thanks for your help! another pc400-7 : KMTPC192A02070395 coud you also help me with this one? I really appreciate

  130. #130optimacyconst2022-05-07 11:32

    Hi, does anyone know if this Komatsu PC60 can be imported into the US? It is a Tier-II but not sure about the years allowed - serial: KMTPC026V38A03236

  131. #131John C.2022-05-07 12:18

    That number does't workin in any of my serial number data. You will need the Dash number in the model number to start with to find a year of manufacture for the engine and maybe an engine serial number or a photo of the engine tag. What country is it in?

  132. #132optimacyconst2022-05-07 12:37

    Thanks, the country it is in is China (Shanghai) but the writing looks Japanese. Attaching the plate

  133. #133optimacyconst2022-05-07 12:53

    Sorry, just realized you need the engine plate. The picture I have is not a good quality. I'll post it when I receive it from the vendor.

  134. #134John C.2022-05-07 12:54

    The earliest Dash 7 model showing in the US is year 2000. The easiest four digit serial number is a non dash number and shows year 1987 and is in the 4XXX range. In any case you are looking at a machine that is over twenty years oid at least. I have never seen a Komatsu Sn tag that looked like that. This deal has a very strong smell to it at this point. It isn't something I would recommend for anyone.

  135. #135optimacyconst2022-05-07 13:04

    Thanks John, appreciate it.

  136. #136oldwhiteman2022-06-03 21:50

    Iam looking to but a komatsu pc60-6 serial# 33472. Was wondering if someone could give me some info on it. It's got 3400hrs

  137. #137anthony04882022-08-20 20:45

    Hi, any information on a Komatsu Dozer D68e-1 serial# B1209? Thanks

  138. #138Deedra2022-10-24 16:37

    I have a komatsu skid steer serial number 37bf00304 don't know the year any help

  139. #139John C.2022-10-24 19:46

    You are going to need to provide more information. The full model number is necessary.

  140. #140Jm10302022-10-28 14:22

    Hello, I’m buying a used machine is china. And would like more info on it. Any help would be great, I’m new to the heavy machinery world. Thank you

  141. #141John C.2022-10-28 15:22

    My data does not show that exact serial number but does indicate that it is a 2014 model year. It must must be very inexpensive to purchase and ship to here. Make sure you get a parts book and service manual as part of the deal. There will be no support here for it. Also consider that it may be stolen. How many hours are advertised on it?

  142. #142Jm10302022-10-28 15:45

    It’s advertised as a 2020 model. And 900 hours. Thank you for the reply

  143. #143David Pugh2022-11-04 13:42

    Long time reader and first time poster, can anyone tell me about this Mini -EX, its a PC20-7E Serial number 43835 Thanks Dave

  144. #144John C.2022-11-04 15:10

    Not in any of my sources. I don't know of any PC20 models ever being made for the US market so I would guess it is gray market.

  145. #145David Pugh2022-11-04 15:42

    Thanks, I appreciate even that much info. Dave

  146. #146Fofo2022-11-07 10:09

    Hi everyone Can someone help me any info for this pc300 excavator Serial: c51304

  147. #147John C.2022-11-07 10:15

    Overseas model machine. My sources don't cover it. You might try a search of auction results and ad site on the web looking for machines with a similar number and see what they show for a year.

  148. #148JohnP872022-11-10 12:20

    I am an appraiser, and I am trying to make sure that I get my client the most for his Komatsu, but I am having trouble determining what year it is. I would appreciate any help at all on this. Thank you in advance. Model: PC210LC-10 Serial: 450821

  149. #149John C.2022-11-10 20:06

    If you are an appraiser, your job is to identify the value of the asset for the function it is going to be used for. You're not supposed to care about what your client wants at all. You are not their advocate, you only identify and make an opinion based on the facts that you find by research. I have to pay for access to data bases that provide me that information. You might try solving the issue by doing some research on Machinery Trader and find similar machine serial numbers and stated years of manufacture.

  150. #150JohnP872022-11-10 20:27

    I need to know what the year of the machine is so that I can find comparable equipment online per the adjusters CPA and file notes.

  151. #151John C.2022-11-10 20:33

    You can subscribe to Top Bid and their data base. What state are you in. You may not be allowed to even work on the case if it is for an insurance claim. Many states require a degree in insurance plus an independent insurance adjuster's license or be subject to fines.

  152. #152Welder Dave2022-11-11 01:09

    I'm curious, a lot of people ask for Komatsu serial numbers. Don't the Komatsu dealers have this information? Do you have to be registered with them or something just to find out the year of a machine?

  153. #153JohnP872022-11-11 19:16

    I appreciate the concern, but I am independent and I have been doing this for about 12 years now. This is the first Komatsu brand I've seen here in Arkansas, and I've just been struggling a bit to find a year or anything close to it, as the owner stated he wasn't sure, but thought between 2010 and 2014. Unfortunately, the market varies drastically from 2010 to 2014, based on the research I've done, and I don't want to get the guy less or more than what it's worth. This has been one of only a handful of claims to trip me up, and I happened onto this site in hopes of assistance, but I'll look elsewhere, and I appreciate your assistance.

  154. #154John C.2022-11-11 20:57

    Do you belong to an appraisal society or organization? You know you can't take the word of the client as to any information they provide unless there is some kind of backup? Are you aware the insurance claims are some of the most likely cases to put you on a witness stand? If you don't have access to serial number information for Komatsu, do you have access to any other brands machinery? With that much time in the business, one would have thought you would have had those types of problem solved in year one or two. I'm being tough because I hate seeing people put themselves in a bind they might not survive. Why don't you PM me and we can discuss things out of the public eye.

  155. #155Charlesha112023-01-07 11:54

    Can someone please tell me the year model for Komatsu PC75UU-2 excavator with serial number 8711

  156. #156John C.2023-01-07 12:37

    It's a gray market machine so I don't have any information on it. You can research it by looking for that model being sold at auctions.

  157. #157Meko48032023-03-24 20:42

    Looking for some help identifying a Komatsu wheel loader that I inherited… The information off the frame plaque says model is WA 180-1L with a serial number of A70578. Was looking to buy a shop manual but seems that the SN and model aren’t lining up. Any information is appreciated.

  158. #158VjjR2023-06-06 20:59

    Hi John, I have a Komatsu PC35mr-2 serial number 6294. Could you help me with the year? the Identification plate has a ding in the PIN and I cannot read the entire number and the year as usual is blank.

  159. #159Charlesha112023-06-06 22:11

    I am hoping that someone can Identify the year model of a Komatsu PC75UU-2 I recently purchased the serial number is 8711

  160. #160klamberth272023-06-19 11:28

    Could someone please help me with year of my Komatsu Dozer? Its a model D20A-6. Serial 69490

  161. #161Daryoushz2023-08-03 06:49

    Can you please let me know year of bellow excavators; PC400-8. S/N: BK0291 PC400-7. S/N: DBAK0394

  162. #162Richieg20002023-11-23 15:58

    Good Day all, Could you please help me know the year of PC78US-6, Serial no 5824? PIN: KMTPC030T01005824 Also, PC130 Serial 75519 KMTPC037A02075519 Thanks. Is there an online resource that allows decoding the PIN? Cheers Richie

  163. #163@li2024-01-05 16:08

    Hello, I want to know the year of construction of excavator pc450_8 with vin number #KMTPC192K02072243#Thank you

  164. #164Vidman2024-03-24 20:15

    I’m looking for the build date for my Takeuchi tb250 job ace..serial number1251375 so I can locate some manuals for it.. any help would be greatly appreciate..

  165. #165krank2024-10-22 15:03

    Could you please lookup the year of a D37PX V.I.N. KMT0D11HO1O60024

  166. #166Sanjeev11112024-10-22 23:12

    Hi to all,I need advice on Cummins NTA885-MARINE.Cam shaft and roller bush worn off,already change,but couldn't get the correct timing,tried to see online on STc injector.but nothing works,many white smoke,fuel mix with engine oil and fuel leaking from exhaust no 5 and no 6,Hope any Cummins specialist can help me,appreciate ur help

  167. #167GTK612024-11-03 19:04

    Can you tell me the manufacturing year of my Komatsu D20P-6 dozer. Serial Number 69979

  168. #168Bmcw2025-01-02 03:22

    Hi guys just got a komastu snowblower in Japan. Can anyone help me with the year of this? Hoping not too old and I can still get parts. I can’t find any information on these blowers so if anyone has any links or anything let me know! I’m in Japan!!!!! TIA!

  169. #169Welder Dave2025-01-02 20:02

    I you being in Japan probably have a better chance of finding out what year it is and if parts are available. Do you have more pics. if it?

  170. #170Laurence Delgadillo2025-06-26 02:32

    hi, please can any one help me with the year of a D7G 92V06855

  171. #171Welder Dave2025-06-26 03:03

    1978.

  172. #172Laurence Delgadillo2025-06-26 03:05

    Thank you very much, Welder Dave

  173. #173forester25042025-07-31 09:20

    Can someone help me determine the year model of my Komatsu PC78MR-6 excavator please? VIN plate does not have the year. PID KMTPC029C01C02210 I greatly appreciate your time.