This is on of Alaska RRs 2 Komatsu side booms. This one's in Anchorage, the other is in Fairbanks.
Ahh the ole C street bridge. Would you know the picking capacity of that side boom? Is it on a 355 dozer frame? Looks like the weather broke over there.
I love seeing the old iron. I hate trying to find parts for the old iron. Mostly cause I cannot get parts for the ancient microfiche machine I have at the end of my desk. The people at the Canon supply store have no idea what a microfiche viewer is.
Some more pictures of that machine, but this time ready for transporting. Because of Alaskan weight rules if their restrictions are upped then they have to take off even more. When I took these the restrictions where at 75 percent.
Just some misc. pictures of the machine.
Thats a cool old Komatsu. Never seen a Komatsu pipe-layer before, very cool!
Hard at work Changing out a traction motor.
i dont know much about the cat in the pics above, but the cat side boom i run is a d8k frame and is ratde for about 145,000 lbs. here are few pics of the cat 583k side booms we use for picking up derailments. http://www.budandraven.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1732
Found out today that one of these is down with a seized engine.