Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu skid steers

05rammer ยท 2017-01-10 14:30

Does anybody know anything about the ck30 or ck35. I know they don't make them anymore. I found one at what seems like a decent price, but don't know if they are worth looking at. Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Replies10
  1. #1Matty1802017-01-10 19:50

    I'd never used a komatsu skid but can imagine parts won't be cheap. They never are with komatsu. I thought about buying a komatsu mini ex back in the day. but stayed away because of bad resale and parts $$$$. went with takeuchi for mini ex and skid. Could not be happier. Matt

  2. #205rammer2017-01-11 05:48

    I'd like to get a Tak but can't find one in my price range, without a bunch of hours. Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

  3. #3Matty1802017-01-11 08:41

    What price range you looking?

  4. #405rammer2017-01-11 09:20

    Around $25,000. The Komatsu has cab and air with 1,900hrs Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

  5. #5Matty1802017-01-11 12:23

    That's a good budget. I don't know what size but you shouldn't have problem finding a tl230. For that kind of money. Where you located?

  6. #605rammer2017-01-11 13:11

    That's too small Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

  7. #705rammer2017-01-13 13:59

    Does anybody else know anything about these? Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

  8. #8dirthog282017-01-13 18:56

    I've put quit a few hours on a CK35. They are a decent machine, push like a tank, good lift capabilities, Yanmar motor can't beat, we had 2 and put at least 3-4000 hours on each and other than a final drive no real problems. Quick attach handles are junk and break off all the time, bucket breakout isn't greatest and I never liked the feel of the joysticks with the response but you get used to it. All in all not a bad machine if you can get cheap.

  9. #9Gearhead52017-01-13 19:06

    Dont be afraid of higher hour takeuchi skid steers Ive pesronally maintained several that made it over 10,000 hours till spun a bearing. In fact the ones getting a crank kit and going to live on. The earlier ones with isuzu engines seem to be hard to kill. We shouldve done rods and mains at 8,000 hours is all I wish we had changed.

  10. #1005rammer2017-01-13 19:23

    That's good to know about both machines. I was looking at some tl150s but was scared of how many hours they had Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk