I was curious if any of you have experienced a floor throttle that stuck down? I lubed it up best as I could from the top side, but didn't accomplish much. Just wondering if it's possible to pull it and see if I can free the slide pins, or if that's a waste of time and I should just buy a new one. They run about $650 plus labor if I don't do it myself. Just trying to see if it's worth tackling. Thanks
defrost it sounds like it has moisture in it like the relay had. i have a small clamp on lube thing for quad cables , you just clamp it on and use the tube on WD40 can and force it thru, i dont know if they make 1 big enough for the cable
Mine is starting to stick as well. And no ice here ! (Florida - the only state without snow on the ground !) Cat is notorious for using non-plated pins on the throttle pedal - which corrode easily. My backhoe did the same and it took many shots of penetrating oil to free it - then keep it free. Need to start doing the same on the CTL - just not as easy to access it as you have to lift the cab.
Are they a wire to the pump? My A and B models had a cable that would get stiff or the pedal would get full of dirt underneath and corrode. If lubing from the top doesn't work I pulled the bellypan and gave er a squirt of juice from the bottom. I have been cleaning the dirt out of the floor more often and have had a better time of things not sticking.