Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu steering

Twisted ยท 2010-04-21 08:49

I have a D65P-8 that is having some steering issues. I believe the seals for the steering clutches are out. I have a new steering pump & the brakes work correctly. It seems the oil is spraying out where it shouldn't be & the clutches barely move. My point is; how big of a job is it to replace these seals? I have a large shop & do most of my own mechanic work unless there are specialty tools involved. This machine is fairly new to me & the manual isn't a whole lot of help. Thanks in advance for any insight. Twisted

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2010-04-21 20:32

    As I recall they are just like a Cat D6D. The brakes and clutches come out and you might have to pull the inside flanges for access to the pistons and seals. I don't remember for sure but I think you need a pancake press and special adapter to remove and reinstall the flanges. Good Luck!

  2. #2JakeATF2010-04-21 23:31

    Good advise