Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with JD 650J pulling left

pafarmer ยท 2010-04-21 19:32

My new dozer ( 2008 JD 650J LT) seems to pull to the left just enough to be very anoying at times. It only has approx. 300 hours and is under warrenty but i was looking for anyone with knowledge on why. I thinking a speed sensor maybe ? Any Details appreciated. Or tech's that can tell me how to check it out.... Semper Fi :usa

Replies13
  1. #1mestizo2010-04-21 23:37

    Sounds like it could be a speed sensor - is the machine throwing any codes?

  2. #2pafarmer2010-04-22 05:26

    Oddly enough it is not throwing codes. Just says "RUN"............thats the trouble with the problem. No codes and No place to start the debug........Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

  3. #3OCR2010-04-22 22:24

    Help with JD 650J pulling left: If the machine is not throwing any codes... technically, you shouldn't have a problem with any sensors... shouldn't anyway. If you can run a transmission calibration... quite often, it will remedy a slight bit of "indexing", and/or "off tracking". My C series 750 is a 1997... 11 years older than yours, so some things are probably different, but a properly calibrated transmission is very important. And... I thought you promised some pictures... OCR...

  4. #4pafarmer2010-04-23 06:12

    Thanks OCR...........JD Feild Tech. on his way to the farm today to check out the dozer for me. I still don't know how to insert a photo of my new Toy. I've tried but can not figure ot out. Do I need to host it somewhere ? then attach ? but where and how is that done ? My son never made it home from college and could not talk me thought it. He graduates on May 2nd so maybe then i can get a minute of his time to show and old dog a new trick.

  5. #5John Canfield2010-04-23 12:40

    If you scroll down a little in the Post Reply window, there is a section called 'Additional Options' - one of the options is to attach a file (photo or other.) Click on the Manage Attachments button and you will have an upload window.

  6. #6pafarmer2010-04-23 19:02

    Here she is on the trailer getting ready to head home to the farm....... thanks john for the help..........much appreciated...........

  7. #7pafarmer2010-04-23 19:07

    Also a photo of my barely used jd 80C...........

  8. #8Deereman2010-04-24 02:03

    Do you need help for a week or two?? Never been to PA, but from the looks of that dozer, I would be there in a minute!!!:woohoo I've got a soft spot for a dozer decked out in a Forestry suit

  9. #9pafarmer2010-04-24 06:50

    Deereman, Me being retired, I have nothing but time and deisel to burn. If your ever in Pa. look me up..........It's one heck of a dozer. It has ever option known to man and then some, a great dozer. Had the tranny calibrated yesterday after a few hundred hours of time other than that its beena dream to own and operate. The little 450J behind mine is one I purchasd for my son, again a real solid dozer and she also works like a dream. We also own a fleet of Ag. tractors , all of them JD...If its not a Deere I have little interest it in. JD equipment has always been real good to me and my family on the farm. Proud to announce my blood is JD green......

  10. #10OCR2010-04-25 01:36

    Help with JD 650J pulling left: Well, did that straighten things out?... OCR

  11. #11Deereman2010-04-25 12:56

    That makes two of us. I don't have blood, I have hydraulic oil in my veins. Hydro-guard that is!!

  12. #12mestizo2010-04-30 16:13

    :usa

  13. #13hvy 1ton2010-05-01 13:21

    How are you liking your the parallel offset on the 80c?