I just bought a Komatsu D31 P 18. I had trouble with the left track coming off the rollers and was told to tighten the track. I think I got it too tight and don't know how to loosen it. The other track seems fine and they were about the same to begin with. Any opinion as to why I would be having this trouble and how to loosen the track. (I'm brand new at this dozer business and need all the help I can get!)
Look by the grease zerk that you used to pump grease into to tighten the track and there'll be a bolt that you unscrew to relieve the pressure off the track piston. It will just push a little grease back out of the track tensioning cylinder.
Thanks for the advice Thanks! Any idea why one track would give trouble? I was told that the undercarriage had been reworked.
Boy I hate to do this, but it's kinda like when geese fly overhead in the winter here going south and one side of the V is longer than the other and you ask somebody why is that and they respond 'cause there more birds on that side'. Maybe somebody always turned it to the left, or ran it for a long time really loose, or something like that. Too hard to tell from here. Look for differences in the two sides and let us know what they may be and maybe we can do some guessin' on why.
This was a duplicate post.