Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Komatsu WA 180-1. I have no power going to the instrument cluster and the machine won't start. Batteries are new and fully charged. I have 24 volts going to the back of the key switch but I'm not sure how the wiring runs from there. I checked all the fuses, they're fine. Nothing electrical seems to working on this machine, this all happened suddenly with out any other problems before hand. Anyone have a wiring schematic for a WA 180-1? Thanks
Nothing electrical working? See, when you turn the key to run, that 24v from the ignition switch is conveyed to the main power relay. If that relay fails, nothing will work, but, you will have 24v at the key switch in. It's on the left side of engine, bolted to the chassis. Looks like a flying saucer. And, yes, I know this is from November.
Figured out eventually that the issue was a bad ground. Thanks for the advice none the less!
Where was your bad ground at? Cause we are having the same issues
Just do a Engine block to battery negative test, do a frame to battery Negative test, Do a Instrumentation panel to Battery negative test, Check the main power Relay As " heymccall " posted up above. If you are not sure how to do these voltage drop tests then could guide you through it. Would be good as he stated to test the back of the key Switch for 24 Volts. Forgot to ask if all the fuses have been tested with a test light. Simon C
I had this issue on my Wa180-1 and it was a crimp lead that had fallen off the alternator.....
There are ground cables all over the place. From block to frame usually, Frame to battery Negative, from cab to Frame, often have ground wires from instrument panels into cab steel, sometimes at machine articullation point. Start checking, cleaning, and repairing or replacing. Simon C
Yes good to check all connections at batteries, and in engine compartment. Simon C
Some 30 years ago, when I was still chief truck washer, I can clearly recall an operator bringing a battery box assembly up to the garage on his loader forks. When I asked where it was from, he pointed to his loader. Sure enough, a WA180-1 will continue running even when the batteries are "up front".