Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu wa320-1 losing brakes over night

BrianA ยท 2015-09-30 12:26

Working on a komatsu wa320-1 and every morning we have to refill the brake reservoir and bleed the brakes the mastereo cylinder was rebuilt by the previous mechanic when this problem first came up so my suspension is its leaking past the Pistons in the brakes. I tried blocking off the brakes one axel at a time but both times came up with the same result empty reservoir and no puddle on the floor. Is it possible I need to do the brakes in both axels or am I missing something

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2015-09-30 12:53

    Try blocking both lines off, or plugging the ports in the master cylinder. I'm suspecting the fluid is ending up in the transmission due to internal leakage in the master cylinder/booster even though it was rebuilt. Just a guess. Or you need to do the brakes in both axles, heh.

  2. #2BrianA2015-09-30 13:21

    Thanks for the tip I'll give that a try

  3. #3DK882015-09-30 20:18

    I bet that works!