Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Wa380-8

Kemper · 2024-07-05 22:13

Currently have a code 879EMC only options for troubleshooting are replace a/c controller or a/c conditioner unit, anyone had this code before? ?

Replies3
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-07-09 14:28

    There is nothing nice or easy about the HVAC box in a Komatsu loader. It says open or short in vent damper actuator. Or OR, The door can't reach end of travel. It could very well be that someone dropped a pen or some other trash down the vent blocking the path

  2. #2Kemper2024-07-09 15:25

    Yea I’ve heard they are rough to dive into and been told to just replace the whole unit

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-07-09 15:30

    That's a buttload of money for what could be a stuck pen or whatever. I f it were mine, I'd take a stab at it. Worse case , something is broken, you fix it for a fraction of what it costs for a complete box. My biggest complaint is having to recover the refrigerant.