Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu WA600

Miningpower ยท 2010-04-26 20:17

Here's a new 600 Komatsu loading a 100 ton Euclid R100 YouTube - Komatsu WA600 Loading Euclid R100

Replies13
  1. #1John C.2010-04-26 22:07

    I got to wonder about the decals on the side of that machine or whether or not that is really a 100 ton truck. I worked at a coal mine where we loaded 50 ton trucks with a Dash 1 model. Those trucks took four bucket loads. I've seen plenty of Dash 3 machines and they handled the same 8 yard spade nose buckets. I can't believe they upped the machine to handle 12 yard buckets. I've worked around 777 Cat 85 ton trucks loaded by 992 wheel loaders and a WA600 couldn't even reach the middle of one of those trucks. WA700 wheel loaders handled the 85 ton market. Something just doesn't fit?

  2. #2alco2010-04-27 00:28

    One thing to consider John, is that the box sides on a Euc are WAY lower than the sides of a comparable cat. Brian

  3. #3John C.2010-04-27 00:55

    Your right and I did think about that but I reckon to have lower sides means you have to be a lot wider. The machines I worked on would just barely hit the center of a 773B. I also counted buckets and it looked like they loaded that truck with 5 scoops. It took 4 scoops to fill a 773B. It takes a whole lot bigger bucket to fill a 100 tons in five. Just my thoughts.

  4. #4alco2010-04-27 03:28

    We have a newer style WA600 like that one at work, and it will damn near reach across an EH1000 box. The new 600s took a bit of a jump size wise having quite a bit more reach. You can watch him in the video pushing the material across the box to center the load, and that truck left the loader with room for at least two more buckets on board, so I would say it's a 100 ton truck with no hesitation. I would assume they were using the smaller loader to fill in while a larger machine was down for repair or service.

  5. #5Bigstevex42010-04-30 15:21

    High lift boom also obviosly.

  6. #671tax22010-05-21 19:27

    Wow that looks like about a 70 ton truck size at most but I can be wrong too. Sure Spotted the truck a long ways a way. If the truck has 2700X49 tires on it, it will be a 100T truck. I can't read the tire size thou. I'm just look at the video and looking at our CAT 777D trucks with a 992G or a 993K and making the comparison. Our 992G's and 993K's are hi-lifts too!

  7. #7245dlc2010-05-21 20:26

    I saw a WA600 loading a crusher last year with blasted limestone I think they were "demoing" it as they tried out a couple of different loaders.

  8. #8Miningpower2010-05-22 07:51

    An R100 is a 100 ton truck. That truck is much wider than a 777.

  9. #971tax22010-05-22 10:15

    I was think the R100 must be wider or long to get the capacity. Thanks

  10. #10alco2010-05-22 11:15

    Actually, the R100 is almost exactly the same width as a 777D. Both bodies spec out to an outside width of 18'2". The R100 has box sides that are closer to the ground by about 6" and holds around 6.7 cubic yards less than the 777D.

  11. #11cummins052010-05-22 13:58

    I would agree with Alco that is probably a smaller spare while somthing like an 800 or bigger is down for repair

  12. #12Miningpower2010-05-22 14:14

    The 800 was down for repair

  13. #13ClevelandPusher2010-05-26 12:39

    Still no value added, trying to get numbers up.