Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu wb97r good or not?

anjo008 · 2025-02-02 06:43

Hi all Im looking for machine and I see this Komatsu wb97 with 19.000 hours. My question is.: if the maintenance it is ok...its good machine??? 10.000 euros price. Thanks and regards. Sorry for my bad english

Replies4
  1. #1berky2025-02-03 05:13

    Don’t know how dependable a backhoe you need, but with 19,000 hours sounds like it might be a money pit. Parts for Komatsu’s are hard to find except at dealers and since they no longer make TLB don’t expect good support.

  2. #2anjo0082025-02-03 08:34

    Hi. Thanks for yoyr answer. This machine its 1995 with peekins engine and the same that the FAI 898. Old machine. Its for a farmer for 500 hours every year more or less. Do you think that is would be good? Or bad election? Regards

  3. #3anjo0082025-02-03 08:35

    . Thanks for yoyr answer. This machine its 1995 with peekins engine and the same that the FAI 898. Old machine. Its for a farmer for 500 hours every year more or less. Do you think that is would be good? Or bad election? Regards

  4. #4berky2025-02-03 08:51

    As far as I knew all Komatsu’s used a Yanmar motor. Maybe something special in Europe. I would inspect it very closely to see what needs repairing up front. Leaking cylinders, pins, bushings. Make sure all electrical systems are functioning and the transmission pulls well in all gears. Usual things like that. If you can’t operate it and put it through the paces I would walk away from it