Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatzu D31p -18

sbuisch ยท 2013-10-04 11:34

I need information on how to adjust the steering clutch on this model dozer right side is way out of adjustment. And some info on making the track adjuster work won't take grease and I clean out the zerks. Could use some help here. Scott

Replies3
  1. #1bob4552013-10-05 22:18

    Their are adjustments on the linkages and on the band brakes.

  2. #2sbuisch2013-10-07 07:22

    Any information or diagrams on how and where ?

  3. #3mike_belben2018-01-24 19:54

    I know its an old post but for anyone searching.. The brakes are adjusted by pulling the little caps off the rear, two bolts each, and cranking down the big top hat nut clockwise to tighten, a turn or two. I dont know the exact procedure by the book. The clutch adjustment being out of wack is probably worn out pins causing the followers not to press on the valve spools far enough. Replace worn parts and adjust the turnbuckles so they engage in the right spot. Whatever you do, dont just smash the pedals down to make it steer. Youll drive thru the brakes. Fix the worn pins and rollers underneath the batteries if its hard to get the machine lugs down and drives straight when youre trying to turn. Easy fix.