Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KomStat vs KomStat ll

tnc110 ยท 2018-05-03 06:16

I've read where people suggest the komstat II over komstat. Is this because of reliability issues or more so performance issues? How much of a difference is it? And what year did they start making the komstat 2. I am looking at purchasing a d37 or d39. Does this thinking apply to all 3 of these models?

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2018-05-03 11:56

    Sound pretty new fangled. What is it?

  2. #2Dickjr.2018-05-03 14:56

    From what I was told , the Komstat II has a better reputation for dependability. I believe the Komstat II came out in 2006 or 2007. I have a D39 -21A. Has around 4200 hours on it and seems to have a lot of life to go. It seems at times it could use 10 more real horsepower but when you get use to something you always want more. I had an early model D39 which was actually a komatsuized dresser , it was very affordable to own and operate. I decided I wanted a cab machine and found the newer 39EX. If you have any questions feel free to ask.